Sambar Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sambar Hunt

My group got drawn for the Sambar on St. Vicient Island WMA in Florida this November . Let the planning begin.

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
    My group got drawn for the Sambar on St. Vicient Island WMA in Florida this November . Let the planning begin.
    Sambar have to be one of the coolest animals, they like to have there feet wet and feed on aquatic plants/in ponds. Good luck 👍🏼

Comment

PM me with any questions, I did it last fall. We weren't successful, but learned a lot and have already put back in to start building points.

Chris

Comment

Congrats! I would love to hear how it goes. I’m been trying to get that.

Comment

Thanks Outlook8 and JasonS. I’ve been applying for seven years. I will be looking at an e-bike for the hunt. Made arrangements today for a ferry ride to the island. I hope a lot of people don’t show up to hunt. It’s going to be fun anyway.

Comment

good luck, keep this thread updated

Comment

congrats

Comment

Thank you I’ve. Been looking at my topo maps of the island and talking to some of the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                  Thanks Outlook8 and JasonS. I’ve been applying for seven years. I will be looking at an e-bike for the hunt. Made arrangements today for a ferry ride to the island. I hope a lot of people don’t show up to hunt. It’s going to be fun anyway.
                  Took us about 7 years to draw as well. I think most people that draw do show up, but I never really felt crowded at all.

A little eye candy...not mine, we didn't kill (or see) any...

Chris

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats and good luck

Comment

Thanks Chris for the picture and information. I’ve been busy. I have my boat ride lined up and doing some research on tents and equipment. Anybody have a big wheeled bike or ebike sitting around that you what to sell?
                      Thanks again for the information

Comment

Loading the truck up today, we will leave early Tuesday morning headed to St. Vincent Island WMA to hunt Thursday thru Saturday. I can’t wait weather should be mild and calm.

Comment

Good luck, sounds like an awesome trip.

Comment

We pulled out at 06:30am this morning and making good time. We are about 150 miles from the hotel room. Will meet our ferry ride in the morning to the island. Looks like weather is going to be nice and mild.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X