New Privacy Fence Finally Underway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Privacy Fence Finally Underway!

Been here 12 years now. Time for a new fence! I would have much rather been crappie fishing today! We got a little over half done and will finish the rest tomorrow. 430 pickets, 80 2x4's, and 34 deck boards for rot boards. When the builder built the fence they didn't use a rot board and the fence lasted about 12 years. Not bad I reckon. We went back with a rot board this time. Man it was hot today!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hogslayer78; 06-06-2020, 08:06 PM.

I know EXACTLY where you live now. You're just right down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      I know EXACTLY where you live now. You're just right down the road.
      Come get you a cold beer bud!

Comment

Looking good!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Did you tear down the old fence or just pull the pickets and scab over the old ones? Or did you just build inside the old one?

Comment

Just did this myself. Wasn't a ton of fun but saved a lot of money.
            Last edited by CEO; 06-06-2020, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Did you tear down the old fence or just pull the pickets and scab over the old ones? Or did you just build inside the old one?
              Took everything out except the 4x4s that were concreted in. They were still good. All new treated 2x4s and pickets and went back with a rot board. 5/4 treated deck boards for the rot boards. We wil stain it all in a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                Just did this myself. Wasn't a ton of fun but saved a lot of money.
                Yes sir we saved a bunch. About $1500 in materials and family to help out. No telling what it would have cost for a contractor to do it.

Comment

Good job, it was super hot today.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Took everything out except the 4x4s that were concreted in. They were still good. All new treated 2x4s and pickets and went back with a rot board. 5/4 treated deck boards for the rot boards. We wil stain it all in a month or so.
                    Hmmm......that is where a lot of rot is, in the portion of the 4x4 that is encapsulated by concrete, little break here and there, and now the wood is in trapped water all the time. New fence should have new 4x4's, that is what's holding the fence up in high winds.

Comment

Looks good. We just rebuilt mine last month, saved quite a bit of money doing it ourselves.

Comment

Nice. Having a 7 footer installed next week...................

Comment

It`s hard to get much privacy when you live next to a 2 story house. Looks good though.

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Looks good sir.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X