Need advice for Benchmade knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oldest daughter is considering the purchase of a Benchmade closed-blade knife for personal protection. For years, she carried a switchblade, given to her by an old boyfriend, which was too big and unwieldy for her small hand. However, having something portable and concealable gave her a measure of comfort.

She came across the Benchmade Mini-Barrage pictured below and is hot to buy it. Before she does, I’m curious to know if anyone has information to share regarding Benchmade products, this knife in particular, or suggestions for other knives she should consider instead. She will be using this for personal defense.

Here are two pictures. The first is of the knife taken in-store. It’s not very clear so the second is a picture of the same knife (different color) from manufacturer’s website.

All thoughts and opinions graciously accepted.
    Attached Files

My daughter carries the infidel auto OTF, she loves it. They also have the mini infidel now

Comment

I suggest S&W or Ruger.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Look at zero tolerance knifes, I absolutely love mine. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a microtech otf either.

Comment

Benchmade is a quality product. I got my first because someone on here asked for recommendations for an everyday carry knife and almost half of about 40 responses said benchmade. I now have 3 and my son carries one everyday also. I have a Griptillian, a mini Griptillian and I think a Barrage. All are well made, have good warranty and stay sharp.

pray for rain

Comment

I only carry Benchmade.

Comment

Once I bought a BENCHMADE, I don’t consider much else, not for the price anyway. I have a Griptilian, which is probably their entry-level EDC. I also have a Steep Country for hunting.

If I were considering protection only, I’d probably look at the Stimulus, automatic and spear-point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Good quality knife. Great customer service from what I’m told. Have loved my bench mades, cried when I lost my 940.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Benchmade is well made as is Zero Tolerance, I prefer the ZT.

Comment

I carry the mini gritillion every day and use it all day. Love it. It’s the best knife I have ever bought.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                        I suggest S&W or Ruger.
                        Best bang for the buck!

Comment

I have the one in your second picture. Great knife, would buy the exact same one again. Traveling to a lot of different states i prefer the assisted opening as opposed to the automatic, more law enforcement accepted in some states.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                            I have the one in your second picture. Great knife, would buy the exact same one again. Traveling to a lot of different states i prefer the assisted opening as opposed to the automatic, more law enforcement accepted in some states.
                            Something we had not considered. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
                              She does a bit of traveling and this is something we had not considered. Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X