X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa Public Comment

Not sure if this has been posted

Refuge Seeks Public Comment in Hunt Program Expansion
    Laguna Atasocosa is seeking public comment on proposals to the Enviromental Assesment (EA), Compatability Determination, and Hunt Plan proposals.

Date: March 31, 2020

Contacts:
    Laguna Atascosa NWR 22817 Ocelot Road Los Fresnos, TX 78566 956-748-3607
    March 31, 2020

Boyd_Blihovde@fws.gov, 956-245-7823 Sergio_Vasquez@fws.gov, 956-443-8169

Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge Seeks Public Input on Proposed Hunting

Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge (refuge) is proposing to allow hunting in the Bahia Grande Unit, the Laguna Atascosa Unit, and the La Selva Verde Tract. In total, approximately 25,000 new acres will be opened for hunting. The refuge proposes to open these new areas to nilgai antelope, feral hog, and other exotic ungulate species that may occur at individual tracts. In addition, the refuge is proposing an American alligator hunt on the Laguna Atascosa Unit.

The refuge is encouraging members of the public to get involved in the hunting program for Laguna Atascosa NWR. The refuge seeks public input and comment on its Draft Hunt Plan (HP), Compatibility Determination (CD) and Environmental Assessment (EA), available now for public review.

These plans are designed to address hunting on the refuge. The plans can be downloaded at:

Hunt Plan

Environmental Assessment

Compatibility Determination

The public is encouraged to provide input by writing to:
    Refuge Manager,
    Laguna Atascosa NWR, 22817 Ocelot Road, Los Fresnos, Texas 78566; or may e-mail Boyd_Blihovde@fws.gov.

*Please put “Public Input - Hunting” in the subject line of the email.

Comments will be accepted beginning April 1, 2020 until April 30, 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent
      Thanks for posting

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

When you get 200 people descending on a refuge for archery hunts, it's like waiting in line for a 2 minute ride at Disneyland.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit many people even for that place

Comment

i responded back I agreed with the change and also that they should allow ANNUAL PUBLIC HUNTING PERMIT holders to hunt out there from oct-dec, and have a special nilgi only hunts in feb.

Also not sure why the extra 25k in land does not mention 'white tail deer' only exotics. I said it should also include white tail deer.

-- here are links
            -- No White Tail hunting
            -- i called them they said they did a spotlight and the numbers they got for deer made them not want to open it up for deer hunting -- said maybe in the future if the numbers go up they would open it for deer.
            -- guy was real nice on the phone, he mentioned there is a lot of other groups out there
            like bird people, and ocelot people so everyone's voice has to be heard.
            -- anything extra is better than nothing!
            Last edited by Falling; 04-09-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I also commented yes to the proposal. Like the idea of muzzleloaders.

Comment

I sent Boyd an email - thanks for posting this.

Comment

I sent Boyd a lengthy email.

Just refreshing this for those who forgot or still have yet to do so. April 30th is the deadline.

Simply stating "I'm in favor of the proposed hunt plan" is at least something!

Comment

bah humbug. I want the rights to all of it! Jokes aside, I hope it works out to the benefit of the wonderful folks who want to utilize!

Comment

Wel we got drawn

I got drawn along with my two boys. We will be is the muzzle loader
                      And slug shotgun hunt in February I believe. I think 35 or 50 tags given. I hope it makes it a good hunt because I see animals there every time I go fishing and drive towards Port Isabel

Comment

wonder what happened to the La Selva Verde Tract

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                          wonder what happened to the La Selva Verde Tract
                          I called and they advise that they are going to hold off on that one for now. I think that once it opens it will be for youth hunting only

Comment

Working...
                          X