X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ridiculous what new boats cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
      What about 70k worth of truck pulling 5k worth of boat vs 5k worth of truck pulling 70k worth of boat? Would they both be considered “huge debt”? Or just the one with 70k worth of boat?
      It is the 80K trucks pulling the 90K boats I think they are referring to! lol

EDIT: For the record I'm all for a big nice boat. If you can afford it or not makes no difference to me! Especially if I get invited, then I encourage you to buy a nicer boat.
      Last edited by breederbuck33; 05-19-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

i bought 40 acres for not much more than 90k, I'd rather own the land than a new boat.

Comment

If I had a dollar for every time I've had this conversation with family & friends...

At the end of the day I'm a "you do you" kind of person, but yeah, I don't get it either. I can't help but laugh when I see a Platinum Edition F-350 doing about 80 pulling a $70,000 boat, or a trailer loaded down with a side by side & Yeti coolers. Some people legitimately have that kind of money, and if that's how they want to spend it, hey, like I said, "you do you". BUT, I know some of it (for some people) is a perception thing where they feel like they have to have the biggest, baddest, newest, greatest, etc. to catch fish or kill deer. ****, I feel bad for buying a new truck & potentially buying a boat that together add up to one or the other for some people

Comment

Yea economics is a tough one..

People exist at income levels that wouldn’t even scoff at that price tag. Hell they’d prolly pay with a cashiers check .

Now if you were on the inside and told me the boat was created for the middle class and to hit the workin mans market I’d say you’re priced out of it. But that’s not lookin like their intended audience - unless like someone said - you wanna sugarcoat their bottom line with interest for years and years.

Comment

Anyone who looks at my truck and boat will know I have no illusions about how I am perceived. The truck is 6 years old and the boat is 28 years old. I did have a 90 champion about 5 years ago. I wished I had kept it and just put a newer motor on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Bout the same price as a fully rigged 21’ Ranger bass boat crazy..
                or more... There are Ranger and Vexus bass boats that break 6 figures fully loaded

Comment

Working...
                X