choosing the right sized lighted nock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to try a lighted nock. How do I tell the diameter of my arrow/crossbow bolt the purchase the right one?

THanks!

Nockturnal® Lighted Nocks is the leading designer and manufacturer of lighted nocks for arrows and crossbow bolts.

Comment

look up the arrow u shoot on the manufacturer's website. They have the specs.. if you are shooting 4mm arrows I wouldn't fool with lighted nocks.. i have shot just about ever kind made and haven't found any that last.. i just went through 3 packs of nocturnals this week..

Comment

I looked this up yesterday. Perfect time to say it, so here goes..

TheHammer hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Glorynocks are worth checking out too. They have several sizes

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
            Glorynocks are worth checking out too. They have several sizes

Can’t stand them. Poor fit, poor nock in and of itself and bad customer service.

Comment

Yikes, apparently they have addressed the fit. I just have the older ones that came out a little wider than other nocks.

Customer service has been good to me. I had one nock out of package not work, contacted them and mailed it back. Received a new nock pretty quickly.

The original inventor of Nockturnal started these. Hard to believe they are junk.

What nock do you recommend?

Comment

Yikes, apparently they have addressed the fit. I just have the older ones that came out a little wider than other nocks.

Customer service has been good to me. I had one nock out of package not work, contacted them and mailed it back. Received a new nock pretty quickly.

The original inventor of Nockturnal started these. Hard to believe they are junk.

What nock do you recommend?

They all have their issues. I’ve tried victory spot nocks, nockturnals, and glory nocks. All in G nock size. Sadly nockturnals are the only ones I bother with anymore. I love the idea and build of the spot nocks but they don’t work with double tied nock sets. They are bright and actually have an aluminum body. I may try Glory again some day. I shouldn’t have to sand and use grease to install them. Then you shouldn’t lie to me about what size my arrows are to me when I ask CS if they will replace them. Then if you build a G nock it should actually be that size. For a company that had a head start they were the worst I’ve tried.

Comment

Gotcha, yeah I didn't have that issue with them not fitting the arrow shaft but I didn't use the GT nock size.

I used S and now X size.

Comment

What do ya'll think of Lumenok? Good-Bad?

Comment

What do ya'll think of Lumenok? Good-Bad?
                      Haven’t shot them in a long time. But good nocks, my only issue with them is they would turn off after passing through a animal. I use nockturnals

Comment

Originally posted by bassassassin View Post
                        I would like to try a lighted nock. How do I tell the diameter of my arrow/crossbow bolt the purchase the right one?

THanks!
                        If your arrows are take x nicks, let me know. I have a package of lumenocks that I will get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
                          Can’t stand them. Poor fit, poor nock in and of itself and bad customer service.
                          This has to be a first, Ive had nothing but excellent CS from them..I use the micro nocks and yes they have issues, BUT they always take care of it.. They have actually stopped selling them until they get it worked out..

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning48 View Post
                            This has to be a first, Ive had nothing but excellent CS from them..I use the micro nocks and yes they have issues, BUT they always take care of it.. They have actually stopped selling them until they get it worked out..
                            I had to use a plastic bag to get my nocturnals to fit the .166 arrows .. after 30 or 40 shots they would snap off at the shaft.. i went through 3 packs.. I cant use them just for hunting because my arrows shoot 6 inches higher with them than regular nocks..

Comment

Working...
                            X