Buying a AR advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a AR advice

Do anyone of you guys know of any good websites to buy some AR's right now?

Buds is my favorite place for guns.

prices are high and inventory is low right now except to pay a good premium.

Comment

What is your primary application for the AR & budget you can handle minus optic...a plinking & hunting AR is going to be much cheaper than a primary defensive / high volume lead consuming machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        What is your primary application for the AR & budget you can handle minus optic...a plinking & hunting AR is going to be much cheaper than a primary defensive / high volume lead consuming machine.

A little bit of everything.

Comment

budget??

Comment

Palmetto State Armory
            Bear Creek Armory

Comment

Right here on TBH

Comment

budget??
                not restricted.

Comment

Palmetto https://palmettostatearmory.com/
                  Primary Arms https://www.primaryarms.com/
                  or even Radical https://www.radicalfirearms.com/category-s/2145.htm
                  If your pockets are a bit deeper.
                  Give LaRue a hard look https://www.larue.com/category/rifles/
                  All but Palmetto are Texas companies.

Comment

I'm a buy once cry once type gun guy as many know...I'm not opposed to getting anything by psa as suggested & get more items from them for transfer than any others. In fact I have a 14.5" I'm trying to destroy on my M16 & it hasn't skipped a beat.

Having said that if I was unrestricted I would put my coin into a flavor that would hold it's value better. Lots of good guns to choose from be it BCM, Colt, LMT, LaRue, Noveski & many more...BCM to me gives you the best bang for the buck, but you need to decide on what build you want. Go 5.56 with a 1/7 twist or a .223 wylde chamber 1/8 if hunting is on the front of the list. I would stay 16" & keep it light as you can vs any no taper. Heck, if there is a trusted dealer in your area, you can custom build.

If your funds are unlimited, than I would go 11.5"-12.5" SBR, get a suppressor & be done with it & enjoy it for life...once you shoot a short suppressed AR then you won't want anything else. Then all you gotta do is buy other uppers like 300bo, etc. AR Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by TxKronik View Post
                      Buds is my favorite place for guns.

prices are high and inventory is low right now except to pay a good premium.
                      Can we expect production to ramp up and keep prices right?

Comment

Not sure what you are looking for but I have a Sig Saur 716 7.62 NATO patrol 16 in barrel 308 cal
                        I have optics for it Leupold VX-3 3.5x10 40mm with Burris AR-PEPR mount
                        Neither gun or optics ever been in the field
                        Still have original box on both gun & scope
                        PM if interested

Comment

Has 20 round PMAG clip and I can include 2 extra still new in plastic sleeve

Comment

Build it

Comment

Having said that if I was unrestricted I would put my coin into a flavor that would hold it's value better. Lots of good guns to choose from be it BCM, Colt, LMT, LaRue, Noveski & many more...BCM to me gives you the best bang for the buck, but you need to decide on what build you want. Go 5.56 with a 1/7 twist or a .223 wylde chamber 1/8 if hunting is on the front of the list. I would stay 16" & keep it light as you can vs any no taper. Heck, if there is a trusted dealer in your area, you can custom build.

Solid advice right here and what I would recommend as well.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X