Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Raspberry pork loin

I found this last week...

Used one loin off a 130lb pig my son shot which was about 4-5 lbs. Trimmed all silver off and dreged in extra virgin olive oil. Remove from oil and rubbed with McCormick pork rub. Smoke the loin till interior temp was about 150 degrees (about 2 hours) at 250 on my smoker.

While its smoking take a 10oz jar of seedless raspberry jelly and put into a bowl. Add Tabasco chipotle hot sauce to taste. Remove from the smoke and glaze the loin with the now slightly spicy jelly. Lightly wrap loin in foil and pour remaining glaze inside. Put loin back on the heat and cook till the glaze starts to bubble. Remove let it cool and slice it across the grain.

This turned out GREAT and was a tremendous hit on new years. Even the city folk ate it and were amazed when they found out it was a "wild boar"

***NOTE:I found after cooking the jelly ended up spicier than when I started. I cant say how much I used cause I added till I could taste. Recipe called for a 1/3 of a bottle, I didnt use that much.

Sounds great, I'm going to have to give that one a shot.

Comment

I'm going to try this today. Hopefully I'll remember to take pictures.

Comment

This turned out awesome! I also made GunnyArt's tater salad and that Texas Cavier on the left.
        Attached Files

Comment

Wait,,,, no one eats wild pigs! Your supposed to just leave them for the coyotes.

Just kidding, that looks amazing

Comment

That looks great

Comment

Daaaaang! looking good QB

Comment

now ya done went and made me hungry!!!

looks great,

Comment

Working...
                X