X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea this year he is.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
      Select in HS is different. My kid is on a team and kids come from all over. They will play together about a week before season and then pack their bags and play. Most tournaments will be 5 days and some a week. Only ones I’ll get to see this year is Texas State, Dallas Baptist, A&M and Houston. He will fly and Uber himself around solo at most.

They don’t expect to have to “coach” these kids much. They show up and know how to play or get moved off. Most of the kids are Texas kids on my kids team though. Most of these teams would give problems to most D2-D3 programs.
      We will also be at an A&M and Dallas Baptist tournament...hopefully the same ones so we can say hello!

My son is a Freshman, and the first team we were on was supposed to travel more extensively but it fell apart because of politics. His new team is not as salty and focusing on more local showcases.

No complaints here though, because instead of doing Arizona and an East coast tourney we get to see him play at TCU, OU, and UTA.

Comment

Well our boys went 1-1 today. Play at 8am in morning and it is going to be a cold one

Comment

We went 2-0 and grabbed the #1 seed, only gave up 1 run, play at 1130 tomorrow. Brock pitched 2 good innings but couldn't hit his way out of a paper sack right now. It's a process.....

Good luck to all you boys tomorrow

Comment

Well the boys pulled it out this morning with a 6-3 win. My son came in and closed out the game on the mound. He likes the drama at the end of the game. Now the waiting game until 2pm this afternoon

Comment

Won the 11 oclock (run ruled).. been watching our other teams and taking a nap in truck waitin for 6:30 game...

Comment

Went 2-0 today and won the championship

Good luck to you guys still going

Comment

Run ruled every team they played...boys came to play
                  Premier turf wars 8u champs

Comment

Congrats to yall !!

Not a great weekend for us at all - Should not have played Saturday, lol. Finished up 1-1. That was brutal.

Sunday we beat the team we lost to in pool play at least, but got throttled in the second game.

Kiddo got into a funk for the first time ever, and it's getting to him. Tough to see from such a great kid, but he's trying.

Comment

James. Getting into a rut is why you are getting exposure. That’s baseball. He will come out of it and he will learn he has the ability to do it. Baseball is an up/ down sport.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                        Congrats to yall !!

Not a great weekend for us at all - Should not have played Saturday, lol. Finished up 1-1. That was brutal.

Sunday we beat the team we lost to in pool play at least, but got throttled in the second game.

Kiddo got into a funk for the first time ever, and it's getting to him. Tough to see from such a great kid, but he's trying.
                        Man it happens. Brock is struggling right now, he's probably like 2 for his last 20 with a ton of strikeouts, tough to watch. He was locked in for the first tourney but seems to go through this at the beginning of every spring though so I'm hoping he gets it sorted out. We had 3 bombs in the championship yesterday and everyone was squaring the ball up, except him

It's a process.....

Comment

Ya, I know he will pull through. Just tough to see him get down on himself. Especially since he is going through the first changes he has ever really made to his swing. He's just been a natural athlete type of player, so the details are working at times, but havent became ingrained yet. Like yall have said - process.

He was leading off and getting on base just a couple weeks ago. They had won quite a bit with him leading off, but they changed things up a bit this tournament. He scored a game winning run by taking off from third on a called strike 3 with one out with time expired, so it's not all terrible. He's just not getting solid contact and they lost a couple so he is taking it personal.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Run ruled every team they played...boys came to play
                            Premier turf wars 8u champs

Congrats! My son plays on Combat. We had three bad innings in the semi finals and just couldn't finish the come back. I think I might of actually talked to you yesterday. I was keeping the books for our team during the 5:00 game.

Comment

Any of you guys have leads on where to get good practice balls at a decent price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So our rec league has 14 teams of 12 kids. Just found out we are going to have 5 All-Star teams of 12 kids. My reply all will say, "We are all on the same page as to what an "All-Star" team is right?". Over 1/3 of the kids in the league will make a team.

Comment

Working...
                                X