Coffee Rub for Venison or Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee Rub for Venison or Elk

I am planning on making venison steaks for dinner tonight. Can anyone recommend a coffee rub, preferably one that's tried and true?

Look up LowFence. He had a good recipe awhile back. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I have just added coffee to the salt, pepper, and garlic powder that I usually put on steak/venison, and it comes out good. I don't typically mix up a rub. I just pick up each ingredient and shake on what looks like the right amount.

Comment

A variant for venison steaks or backstrap you may want to try some time

- Slice it as thin as you can.(frozen helps cut it real thin) Marinate it in olive oil and greek seasoning over night. Stack it onto a skewer as tight as you can. Cook over a bed of coals until the outside is crispy. Amazing how good it is. For vegs - Red onions and mushrooms but I cook them on a separate stick. This way leaves the outside crispy the inside a bit rare and its so tender it falls apart. Can also make them into a philly cheese steak sandwich.

We serve on naan with the greek cucumber sauce (Tzatziki Sauce) and black olives

Get that grill hot so it is crispy on the outside and rare on the inside. Let the meat get to room temp before putting it on the grill.

Tom

Comment

For store bought Traeger Coffee Rub is good

Comment

Don't overlook Montreal Steak Seasoning on grilled venison.

Comment

How did you end up preparing them?

Comment

Working...
              X