Primal Tech work of art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primal Tech work of art

A while back I dropped a deposit on another Primal Tech bow. My plan was to get a lower draw weight model that closely matches my hunting weight bow so I could handle shooting all day on the 3D range. Granted, my 50lb three piece and 55lb two piece were up to it but I was not always after a couple of rounds. Especially taxing were the bigger shoots with more targets. So Randy, being the understanding sort, agreed to make me one more.
    Now I'll be honest, I really love the beauty of my first one and really didn't see making another that looked as good or if that were even possible . . . However Randy was given complete artistic license over this one just as the last one. For two reasons. One, I'm as ignorant about woods as an average rock. No clue, no care, no preference. I care about two things. Does it shoot where I point it and is it quiet and shockless when I shoot it. Basically, in my mind, the way of the arrow is about the shooter. The beauty of the bow is all on the bowyer. If I can't shoot his bow can still shine. But if both work . . .

So late last month I get word he is starting on this bow. And I'm not gonna lie, I had some anxiety about it. I've got a lot I'm preparing for right now. First overseas hunting trip and right after I get back a quick turnaround for a week long hunt in central Missouri. Then hunting season is right there in my face back here at home . . . So basically no time to learn a new bow, tune new arrows, enjoy her the way she deserves.

So I get the call to meet, and with no previews to tell me what she looks like, he meets me at On Target in Canton and I finally get to see her. And honestly I truly don't deserve another work of art like this.

That said very few shots taken, arrows a bit stiffer than what she likes, but it has enough zip at 42lbs that I have to hold eight inches low at 16 yards with 600 grain wood arrows. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_131848_HDR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	25289273Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_134426_HDR.jpg
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	25289274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_134434_HDR.jpg
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	25289275Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_134444_HDR.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	25289276Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_134545_HDR.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	25289277Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_131908_HDR.jpg
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	25289278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_132018_HDR.jpg
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	25289279Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_131933_HDR.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	25289280Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220820_131946_HDR.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	25289281

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Definitely another work of art. Glad she’s shooting straight!

Comment

Great lookin bow. He called last week and said he’s starting on mine. Been shooting an ugly ILF longbow, looking forward to seeing how these shoot!

Comment

Good looking stick.

Comment

Beautiful bow Sir !

Comment

Beautiful Bow

Comment

Woowee! She’s a bute!

Comment

Great lookin’ stick Gary!!!! You’ll get her figured out soon enough!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Handsome bow DRT. Looks like a killer…of foam. Get some.

Comment

Beauty… those limb veneers are sweet.

Comment

Randy said Myrtle burl. The horn overlays are from an aoudad ewe I killed at London Oaks Ranch in 2020 with my 2 piece PT longbow.
                      I'm sure we'll get along and she'll get more than foam on an arrow at some point.

Comment

Even more special with aoudad horn from an animal you took,.. that’s awesome man.

Comment

Those are some nice woods in that bow. Burl is a favorite of mine. I would be thrilled with that one.

Comment

Another work of art. I bet you’ll really enjoy this one on the 3D course.

Comment

Some good looking wood arrows too btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X