Perculator vs. Drip Coffee.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
    We use a french press, but about to try out a pour over since we already have a water kettle.
    Try this coffee it’s a pour over , it’s very strong and is ground for pour over
    Attached Files

Comment

When my parents passed, I told my siblings the only things I wanted out of the house was the perculator coffee pot and the pan mom used to make brownies in, still use that perculator on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
        No thanks .
        My Uncle used to make it every morning in a cast iron skillet.
        Poured it straight into his cup, never bothered to filter out the grounds.
        I've drank a million cups with him that way, but not if I have a choice.

If you put a sweet gum twig across the top of the syrup bucket when you add the coffee grounds, it won't boil over. When it quits "rolling", you can pour clean groundless coffee into your cup... Absolutely best tasting coffee in the world!! It's stout, but no bitterness...
        Only place I ever been that had that good a coffee was South America (Venezuela, Columbia and Peru)... Their coffee could be so strong, a spoon would almost stand up in the cup, but no bitterness. I've tried a dozen or more "South American" coffees here in the States, and have not been able to duplicate it yet! Believe it or not, about the closest I've been able to come to that kind of stout coffee is grinding my own beans from the vacuum sealed bags of 8-O'Clock coffee... It's pretty close...

Comment

Keurig = **** coffee. Probably the worst coffee maker out there, its just convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            My grandmother would make it in a saucepan, pour a little cold water in it to settle the grounds, and then put it into a cup, pour some out into a saucer- and drink.
            Hadn't heard about saucering (and blowing) coffee in years!! Thanks for the memory!! My grandma did the same thing!
            Used to hear folks say when they had finished a project or job, "Well we got that all saucer'd and blow'd..."

Comment

Im a coffee snob. After growing up in Europe and then drinking the “crude” the non coms made in the field as a dog face I decided life is too short for bad coffee. On weekends it’s espresso made with a proper machine. Italian percolator for back up and M-F the french press. Quality whole beans and must be burr ground for the press. I submit exhibit A into evidence for my snobbery your honor. Over 100 yrs old and nothing has been built that grinds better for the press.

Comment

Does an electric percolator work as well as stove top?

Comment

Grew up on boiled well water coffee made in a beat up old 2 quart porcelain pot. And then there is cafe du monde coffee and beignets to get things really rolling after a night on Bourbon St.
                  I still like my boiled GI coffee made in a 80 gallon pot. Drinkin from a canteen cup.

Comment

Percolator all day long although I only have one at deer camp. I use a cheap coffee maker at home and the 2 cups of coffee are incomparable.

Percolating produces a fine, rich and robust, flavorful cup of coffee. The coffee dripper running warm water over ground beans just can’t do what that percolator does.

I can’t wait to get back to West Tx.

Comment

Would have been really be good if you had not cleaned the pot

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        You take your coffee maker with you on trips?
                        Good Grief

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          Have you ever though that you just may have a problem? Join CA.
                          Possibly. I try to make sure my thermoses are full to get me past the mid day. It seems only truck stops have coffee mid day. I have been that guy plugged into the outside electric outlet making coffee before

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                            Does an electric percolator work as well as stove top?
                            Mine doesn't, it has a built in thermostat and it will kick off.

Comment

Only used a percolator when at camp, but never came out good. Either too weak or burnt and nasty. Now I make cowboy coffee at camp. Love that stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X