Manners T5 color help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manners T5 color help.

I need help choosing a color for my next build.

^^ T5

^^T4

It's going to be a Manners T5. I'm almost sure. Either that or the T4. Both should be at my house soon and I'll choose. There in lies the problem. I need to pick a color/camo.. and I'm drawing a blank.

I like lighter colored tans and browns..

I really like this one except for the dark brown..

But I'm just not sold yet. I know I don't want a solid color.. so what say the brain trust? Pics help make your point.

I'd really like to use the colors of this guy. All natural and a freaking ghost. Inspiring to say the least.

This is what I went with. Internet picture as I'm hoping to get it next week.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	24412999

Comment

Have you looked at the EH1? I believe the above pic is it. I like the plain carbon fiber look. I had APR do my T4 in Kryptek Highlander and it turned out pretty good. You could have it dipped cheaper but Im not sure how long it would hold up.

The ATACS paint scheme is another one to consider.

Comment

I like ag's

Comment

That Kryptek Highlander looks awesome and just flat disappears.

Comment

Eh1. Elite tac GAP Camo. This is my 223AI. I've tried to tell you but you want something gay. That's to be expected from you

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	24413013

Comment

[ATTACH]753997[/ATTACH]

Comment

I know we talked the other night Nate, but there is something I think I need to add in here. With the experience I have with more than a few Cerakote colors out in the field, you need to be careful on color extremes either way. It is easy to overload a color scheme with dark colors, a little goes a long ways. On the other hand, I have a scope that is desert sand, and it is too light colored up on top of the rifle. From a distance, it really shines. Down on the bottom end it would be fine.

Look at your coyote there. He is dark on top and light on bottom. It is that way for a reason, to blend with shadows. Sun on the top lightens, shadow on the bottom darkens. In my country, few colors on a scope/action blend as well as Texas Tan/ Magpul FDE/ Coyote Tan. Those pieces are up on top, and are smaller pieces as well. They need to be somewhat darker. The stock, it is down on bottom, lots of surface area, with a large part of it in the shade. You need some dark, you need some light, but the bulk of it needs to be mid-toned.

To me, any open, mid-toned pattern is going to disappear just fine. Camo patterns are generally more about what looks cool to us humans that what actually works in the field. That Kryptek up there looks pretty good overall, but for me (in the areas I hunt, open grasslands with some brush) I would just tone down the final dark overshadowing on it some. Maybe half of what it is now. That dog would hunt.

All of that is just my opinion. I am a K.I.S.S. kind of guy, more worried about function over form, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                  This is what I went with. Internet picture as I'm hoping to get it next week.
                  [ATTACH]753976[/ATTACH]
                  Saved. Lol. I do like that lighter color on top.

Jethro.. that makes sense. But as we both know it's going to be propped in the corner of the safe 95% of the time and the other 5% it will be propped in the corner of a deer blind. Lol.

Comment

I really like the first camo you showed. Looks similar to ghe McM gamescout that i picked out for my build from Horizon. But if you don't like the dark brown i would go with the 2nd you showed.

Comment

Comment

That gap camo looks awesome

Comment

Working...
                        X