Silence... It's an Addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
    hey coach, the cap on your photon....is that DIY or factory? if its DIY can you tell me the specs (cap size and size of hole drilled) thank you
    It's factory.. pretty sure it came with the set up.

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I don't understand the addiction for anything other than a defense weapon that may be fired indoors.
    My ears make the constant EEEEEEEE. I have trouble hearing my son speak sometimes bc he is really soft spoken (SOMETIMES). If I can keep him from having the same problem it will all be worth it.

Comment

roger that, thanks

Comment

What Nate said. I have bad hearing damage from a life-time of shooting, and also from listening to that supercharged diesel engine too much in the Navy. If I can keep my kids from having to deal with the problems I have, any price is worth it.

I have a 7 year old daughter that loves to go hunting and coyote calling with me. She shoots quite a bit, and she shoots with suppressor and ear muffs because she has sensitive hearing. When we hunt the ear muffs get ditched and we just run suppressed, and that keeps the noise level below the damage threshold.

My hearing is so bad, my wife threatened me to not let my daughter go hunting with me any more if she didn't wear ear muffs all the time, even when we were calling coyotes. My solution was a trust and going suppressed. We would do muffs hunting if we had to, but they are a PITA. Too easy to forget them or whatever.

Also, folks tend to just think of sound with suppressors. However, with kids it usually isn't the recoil that gets them, it is the sound, and the concussion from the muzzle blast. The suppressor takes the crash out of the muzzle blast and really tones the rifle down for them, making it much easier fro them to shoot.

Comment

If somebody can tell me how to post up a video from my phone I have a good clip of my daughter shooting "her" CZ-527 suppressed yesterday. We were out shooting pie melons. She loves shooting those things and "making pie," as we call it.

Comment

Couldn't figure out the video, but here is a pic of my baby girl.

Comment

30 cal can is my next purchase. found a local guy that said hed get close to silencer shop prices so i like the idea of it being a few miles from the house. paid $25 more than silencer shops price on the spectre ii from him and hes local so thats cool with me.

what 30 cal can?
              leaning towards harvester for price and weight but the guy at the shop really said if i spent the extra on the omega its worth it or something else?

ittl be on a bolt gun majority of time 308 mostly for range and hunting as well as ar for plinking and huning. and ill buid a sbr in 300 blackout to carry in the truck, ranger , 4 wheeler etc for fun and varmint hunting once i have the can.. im not the type to empty mags through an ar as fast as i can. more into precision than anything

I only want to buy one 30 cal can. my rimfires done, this will be next purchase then a pistol can and may call it quits but we will see
              Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 10-20-2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Here is a pic of most recent build with the TBAC Ultra 9. It sounds about like a .22 with the sonic boom. I have an Armageddon mirage cover over it.
                POI shift was .25 MOA on this rifle but about one minute on .308.
                Attached Files

Comment

I want one bad.

Comment

I want a harvester bad for my 257 wby

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                      30 cal can is my next purchase.what 30 cal can?
                      leaning towards harvester for price and weight but the guy at the shop really said if i spent the extra on the omega its worth it or something else?

ittl be on a bolt gun majority of time 308 mostly and ill buid a sbr in 300 blackout to carry in the truck,
                      The Harvester is a no go on the SBR. So for your purposes buy the omega.

Comment

I wish I'd gotten an Omega instead of my Specwar. Omega is my next purchase most likely and I'll keep the Specwar for the magnums, just to prolong the life of the omega.

Comment

Well.....I paid for two Omegas and a Spectre II today, the next 4-5 months (hopefully) can't go by fast enough!

Comment

I hope to see my Omega in about a month. Veeery close to pulling the trigger on a Spectre II. Maybe another week or two.

Comment

Envelope in the mail to BATF, tick tock tick tock!

Comment

I know I'm being lazy...... but can someone provide me a contact to get my trust set up so I can start the process????

Comment

Working...
                                X