Knife blade testing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knife blade testing.

Just another twist on testing a blade to see how the edge holds up. This one is from some new steel I decided to try after reading about how tough it is. It came from Alpha knife supply. It's called 26C3. Has about 1.25% carbon and some chromium. Don't know the hardness but it's harder than woodpecker lips and will still shave hair after cutting up a paint can.
    I might have to make me a set of steak knives out of this stuff one of these days.
    Attached Files

if you want to get rid of that thing, I'd be willing to take her off your hands! Beautiful work!

Comment

Beautiful knife and it will kill!!

Comment

^

Comment

That's the only way to fly bro; I have always tested, normally before I attach a handle in case it needs a re-heat treat or more tempering. I've chopped nails, bolts one time with a chopper I tested on a 3/4 galvanized pipe. I have a box of white tail antlers that I chop on before I put a handle on all my knives. And I also like to break on in half every now and then to make sure the grain structure is correct. Good job Steven keep on keeping on bro.

Comment

Thanks Bob. I'm having a blast with this steel. It's gonna make me some forever steak knives one of these days.
            Here's some more abuse I did on this EDC this morning. https://www.facebook.com/stephen.pan...0951296581828/

Comment

Working...
            X