Enjoy the Experience and Be Thankful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the Experience and Be Thankful

All these folks worried about age and score. I just want to see some deer and enjoy time in the woods. I will be blessed to get out and soak up all the good Lord has provided me to be thankful for such as my freedom to be able to hunt. And, if a legal deer that I will be blessed to take comes out, you better believe I am going to bust it.🦌🐖
    Don't bash anyone for shooting a deer if it is legal and they are happy. Be happy for other's success.

Good luck and God bless!

Amen Brother. Well said.

Comment

Needed to be said. We all hunt under different conditions and different budgets. If its their trophy than that is all that needs to be known. We have turned hunting into a silly game of points, just like life has turned into.

Comment

Yep I grew up in the good ole days when a buck deer was a good kill regardless of size or age. No such thing as score and the only aging was done on the hanging pole or a cooler.

Comment

amen

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Yep I grew up in the good ole days when a buck deer was a good kill regardless of size or age. No such thing as score and the only aging was done on the hanging pole or a cooler.
            My dad, a fisherman not a hunter, always said: "If you dont pull it in the boat it dont count"

Comment

Well said. I too enjoy just being there. And if someone shots a deer I’m happy for them!

Comment

I think we have become an outcome oriented society. That’s the reasoning behind “everyone gets a trophy”. I agree that the experience is most important followed by meat in the freezer. I’m not about to tell you that if a 110” buck and a 140” buck were both in range I’d take the smaller one, but my targets just need to be three years old and legal to please me. I may care what others shoot on our lease, but I’m not about to berate anyone about it.

That said, tomorrow is opening day of the general season and I AM READY !

Comment

Good post. Hope everyone has a good opening boom stick weekend!

Comment

Yep!

Comment

I totally agree.

If I like a buck and want to shoot it... then I shoot it....but most of the time I like them and let them walk.

I am way more into the experience, the process, and the time in the woods.

I am not even sure how to score a buck. All of them that I have killed have been highly scoring experiences for me.

Comment

AAAAAAAAAAMEN!

I'll be on a drawn doe and spike hunt all of next week. Hopefully I'll get 5 does. Those bucks start getting stinky this time of year.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                        Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-05-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Agree. I just want to have fun, see animals, and eat well. Who cares about score and age. Not I.

Comment

If I only considered a weekend at the lease successful/enjoyable if I killed something I'd have quit a long time ago.

Comment

I keep telling myself the same thing for this season. Dont think I've killed a buck just because I liked it since 2017

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X