• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSC week 44

Same target setup as last week.
    Flagged 3-4” V

Whereas….
    Place your aimpoint where you aim to accomodate drop. I aim roughly a couple inches lower than my aim point (desired point of impact) last week.
    12 yds.
    1 shot for entire week.

Sorry for the delayed challenge posting. Between a sick kiddo and Halloween activities it been a messy sugar fueled couple of days.

Good skillin.
    God bless!
    Byron

I came. I shot. It was bad... I tried shooting this one sitting, and I induced some strange string torque. Fletching cut my knuckle at release... 3.25"

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0734.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	301.1 KB
ID:	24666553

Comment

Good on you to break up routine and change positions. Good shooting MrM.

Comment

Two inches high… was wanting to place the arrow at the level of the “spot” … need to work on my “elevation “ for shorter distances; this was at 13 yds
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a second pic obviously not for the contest… it took 9 shots to get get the “hit” where I really want it… lots of work to do still
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice shot Pedernal!

I was really peeved about my shooting from the other day. Took a brace height check, a nocking point verification, and a couple short shooting sessions today, but I rediscovered why I shoot with a wrist sling and a totally open hand. I'd started closing my grip slightly so I could shoot without an arm guard, but it had started inducing torque into my shot. Back to happy with my shooting now.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              Nice shot Pedernal!

I was really peeved about my shooting from the other day. Took a brace height check, a nocking point verification, and a couple short shooting sessions today, but I rediscovered why I shoot with a wrist sling and a totally open hand. I'd started closing my grip slightly so I could shoot without an arm guard, but it had started inducing torque into my shot. Back to happy with my shooting now.
              Ive got to show you something Rat showed me concerning grip. Absolute game changer.

Comment

Great shooting Pedernal!

7/8” over here Boss.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                  Ive got to show you something Rat showed me concerning grip. Absolute game changer.
                  Short of the long is…
                  Make hand sign to stop.
                  Rotate fingertips towards corresponding shoulder. Very important. This rotates forearm away from string.
                  Riser grip rests on pad of thumb not webbing.
                  Top two finger tips/nail tips rest on riser back mid girth.
                  Two bottom fingers close to palm. Very important. This closes the synapsis for the hand to close instinctively upon release…prior to release. And so…upon release the natural urge to grab the bow is already taken away. This technique did a round house kick to my ninja kung fu death grip I used to have on my risers…which subsequently caused me to torque the riser.

It took me a good while to get used to it. Always felt like bow was coming off my hand. Until it registered mentally my two top fingers were kung fu death grip enough to hold true.
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 11-04-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Good shooting, Briar!

I used same target from last week. 1-3/4"

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Comment

Come shoot with us MrPat.

Comment

Working...
                      X