What are my options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are my options

I have never thought about hunting public land before, but with college coming next year it looks like thats my only chance to get to hunt. I will be at SFA in Nacogdoches. What public hunting areas are within 2-3 hours of there? I would like to stay towards DFW if i can.

Thanks, Michael

Alazan WMA is right outside of Nac.
    Archery only and loaded with deer and hogs and ducks. No baiting is allowed until after waterfowl seasoh, but you can bait the heck out of the hogs afterwards.

I went to school at SFA and murdalized the hogs and deer there. It is literally less than 20 minutes from town.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
      Alazan WMA is right outside of Nac.
      Archery only and loaded with deer and hogs and ducks. No baiting is allowed until after waterfowl seasoh, but you can bait the heck out of the hogs afterwards.

I went to school at SFA and murdalized the hogs and deer there. It is literally less than 20 minutes from town.
      awesome! thanks

Comment

Went to SFA for a while. Alazan is loaded with deer. Not many ppl either from what I could tell. Met some nice guys there! Goodluck! What are you studying at SFA?

Comment

wildlife management

Comment

Sippy theres a few large public places down that way. Looks like I will have some East Texas trips in my future next year

Comment

Originally posted by txsuperdad23 View Post
              Sippy theres a few large public places down that way. Looks like I will have some East Texas trips in my future next year
              guess so

Comment

Bannister WMA is another option- about an hour from Nac. It is huge. I used to hunt Alazan for years before I started leasing. Never killed a deer there but saw many.
                When you get here get in touch with a PM- I live about 20 minutes from campus and if you need a place to practice I have a bow range behind the house. Might even hook you up with a little pig hunting for giving me a hand every now and then on the lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  Bannister WMA is another option- about an hour from Nac. It is huge. I used to hunt Alazan for years before I started leasing. Never killed a deer there but saw many.
                  When you get here get in touch with a PM- I live about 20 minutes from campus and if you need a place to practice I have a bow range behind the house. Might even hook you up with a little pig hunting for giving me a hand every now and then on the lease.
                  will do

Comment

Working...
                  X