duck hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duck hunting

where can you hunt around the fort hood area for waterfowl. and what duck and geese do the have flying.

Stillhouse Lake and Belton Lake have WMA's on both of them, but you'll need a boat to get into the hunting areas. Also, on the northwest side of Belton Lake between Whiteflint park and Winkler park, there is a walk in area sponsored by Ducks Unlimited. I hunted the DU pond once with no luck, but it was a bad morning, the WMA's are good if you can access them, but it's too late to do any serious scouting. Good luck.

Comment

you can also duck hunt at Granger, I've never been duck hunting on a lake so I don't know how good it is.

Comment

I've always wondered about duck hunting out at granger. I kayak out there and camp at fox bottom and would like to be able to duck hunt the lake in the morning/evenings, and bow hunt the wma during the day but am unsure on whether or not I could have my shotgun in that campground. Don't think its legal, but there's really no other way to do it. Anyone ever try this?

Comment

we have the same birds as you do in la.

Comment

Working...
          X