Heads up non-resident elk tags in Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heads up non-resident elk tags in Idaho

12815 non-resident 2022 elk tags for Idaho went on sale today at 10:00 MST.

I was in the virtual waiting queue and when it opened there were only 17,000 people in front of me.

I will update if I get lucky.

Hogboy

2 hours later and I'm sitting at 10,000. I sure hope there are alot of deer hunters ahead of me.

Hogboy

Comment

Good luck bud! Are these gun or archery tags?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        Good luck bud! Are these gun or archery tags?
        A combination, 12815 elk tags and 14000 deer tags. There are 276 archery tags for the zone I want.

Comment

I went thru that goat show for a 2020 Idaho elk tag and was lucky enough to kill an archery bull. There has got to be a better way to do it. Spend hours trying to get thru only to get kicked off. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

so this is there way of limiting the OTC supply?

Comment

I just read they are sold out. I want to know how MORE people are able to hunt when we have record numbers of folks no longer working or seeking work.

In all reality, I think a lot of folks didn't draw last year, and are picking up an ID tag now to guarantee at least one spot to hunt.
              Last edited by WItoTX; 12-01-2021, 02:38 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by cmeadors View Post
                so this is there way of limiting the OTC supply?
                It's Idaho's way of allocating a set percentage of tags to non residents.

Comment

OK, after 4 hours and 30 minutes online, I was able to get an archery tag in the zone I wanted (Lolo).

Some units sold out early but in my zone there were still 166 tags out of 276.

Now we will find out if my body will let me get in some sort of elk shape over the next nine months.

Hogboy

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post
                    OK, after 4 hours and 30 minutes online, I was able to get an archery tag in the zone I wanted (Lolo).

Now we will find out if my body will let me get in some sort of elk shape over the next nine months.

Hogboy
                    Good luck in the Lolo unit. Not a high density zone but they are still in there to find. Hope for a mild winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhogboy View Post

Hogboy
                      Awesome amigo!

Comment

Congrats Gary! I'ma hoping the best for ya, both mind and body, and elk.

Comment

Congratulations man! Hit the gym

Comment

No elk in Idaho. Low-low is gonna be a tough hunt. Y'all have horses? Make sure to get wolf, bear and lion tags. Missed a lion day before yesterday on a rushed shot [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              No elk in Idaho. Low-low is gonna be a tough hunt. Y'all have horses? Make sure to get wolf, bear and lion tags. Missed a lion day before yesterday on a rushed shot [emoji19]

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
                              I'm going with a guide and his horses and I'll have more tags than a resale store.

I know there are not many elk in Idaho, but the guide did say he thought he saw one last week.

Or it might have been a skinny moose.

Hogboy

Comment

Working...
                              X