No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And another one bites the dust, and another one, and another one........

Comment

Couple neat pictures tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going through some old photos last night I ran across these. We sat up on the opposite side of the field in the brush line near a large sounder. 2 shooters running thermal, and I was running my 6 Creed with a PVS-24 clip on. This boar was 260 yds away. The sounder was 60. I was given the first shot as they sat up on the sounder. I smacked the boar perfect. We ended up pulling 8-9 out of the sounder as they ran towards us.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here’s a tusky young boar. He wouldn’t have broke 180 if we threw a bag of bricks on his back. He sure did have some nice tusk though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Big male tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bazo is a killing fool. Video from his hunt last night below.

Comment

Dropped 3 pigs with Sightmark Wraith last night.

Comment

Just bought the Pulsar Thermion 2 xp50. It’s in the mail now. I haven’t done much research on accessories or batteries. Anything I need to buy as an add on?

Comment

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                    Just bought the Pulsar Thermion 2 xp50. It’s in the mail now. I haven’t done much research on accessories or batteries. Anything I need to buy as an add on?
                    More batteries!!! I run an XG50 Thermion as my main unit. In the summer time I’ll go through 2 batteries and the internal battery during 1 night. In the winter I’ll go through all 3 batteries and the internal battery as well.

The ASP3 is the one to get. It last a bit longer than the ASP2.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      More batteries!!! I run an XG50 Thermion as my main unit. In the summer time I’ll go through 2 batteries and the internal battery during 1 night. In the winter I’ll go through all 3 batteries and the internal battery as well.

Thanks for the advice! I’ll pick up the ASP3.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

Originally posted by LHPanther View Post
                        Thanks for the advice! I’ll pick up the ASP3.
                        I think you may have to get a bigger battery cap to run the bigger battery just fyi. I can't confirm that but pretty sure it will be needed. I know when I bought my buddy and extra battery for his xm50 I got him the aps2 because I didnt think the other would fit.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                          I think you may have to get a bigger battery cap to run the bigger battery just fyi. I can't confirm that but pretty sure it will be needed. I know when I bought my buddy and extra battery for his xm50 I got him the aps2 because I didnt think the other would fit.

My XP50 came with the short and tall cap. I assumed all of the thermions did.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                            I honestly have no idea. I haven't ponied up and bought one yet... I just thought it was at least worth mentioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                              All of the ones I’ve messed with have.

Comment

All good information. I’ll be able to find out when it arrives this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X