Christmas vacation ideas 8-12 hrs from Lubbock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas vacation ideas 8-12 hrs from Lubbock

Trying to decide where to take the kids for Christmas instead of trying to fight the crowds for the limited crap available from China. Had a Disney packages quoted, but my wife feels like that’s too rushed and wants to completely plan it out. Kids and I would love to go skiing, but my wife will be about 5 weeks post op and wouldn’t be able to.

Any other good “Christmas “ locations ?

It would be a heck of a drive but Frankenmuth in Michigan is pretty cool. I've also heard great things about the Broadmoor at Christmastime in Colorado Springs.

Comment

Following. I'll have the kids from Christmas to New Years and thinking of going somewhere during that time.

Leaning toward a ski resort in New Mexico that we can make in about an 8 - 10 hour drive.

Comment

Go to Southfork and rent a cabin. Wolf creek gets tons of snow. There are some really good roads with elevation that the can sled behind a vehicle since momma can’t ski.

Comment

Fredericksburg

Comment

Vegas and do grand canyon and hoover dam. Circus Circus was legit for our fam pre-covid......Texhoma catfish and striper combo trips are available in winter with adding a night or two at Gaylord Texan and Great Wolf Lodge as well. Could even buy an annual pass to six flags for like 50 bucks at this time of year thats good for an entire year.....Innsbrook lodge in Ruidoso is a favorite for my family as well. 1A or 1B does a family of 4 well. Golf and trout fishing and possible skiing if there is snow.

Comment

Jackson and the Jackson Hole area is very pretty at Christmas time but you would have to fly.

Comment

X2 on the Gaylord but look into the Opryland one in Nashville if you’ve already been to the one in Grapevine. It’s even bigger and the water park is indoor. The Tennessee whiskey ain’t bad either.

Comment

One year I was working around Uvalde when the holidays came around. My family came down, and we ended spending the week of Christmas in a nice cabin on the Frio in Concan. Not a ton to do, but a beautiful place and we all enjoyed it. Sitting around the fire at night I that setting beat anything else we could’ve done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Trying to decide where to take the kids for Christmas instead of trying to fight the crowds for the limited crap available from China. Had a Disney packages quoted, but my wife feels like that’s too rushed and wants to completely plan it out. Kids and I would love to go skiing, but my wife will be about 5 weeks post op and wouldn’t be able to.

Any other good “Christmas “ locations ?
                    In the same boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X