Colorado bend so- youth hunt either sex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
    They have a huge machine running all day every day chopping all cedars all along the boundary right when you cross into the park on the right. No idea how they will clean that mess up as they sawing them with 1-2' of stumps. It's a huge mess.

Maybe to the left when you cross in? Unless they start chopping there also.

Also, I've seen zero acorns or persimmon berries. I bet this is a super great hunting season. Lots of deer and they'll think they are starving after getting so fat the last 2 years.

Also, as mentioned it will either be hot or very cold/rainy.
    Tim, I understand your place is right next to Colorado Bend and had a question for you. My son drew the 11/6-7 GDE weekend. Not that we would or even have the option to change it but do you think hunting earlier in the season there would be an advantage or would it be better to be the later weekend with a better chance at some cooler weather?

Just curious and looking forward to hunting with my son in this park again.

Comment

Was there 2 weekends ago. Tons of deer everywhere.

Comment

Back in 2014 at CBSP my kids killed their first bucks. Same day, same blind. Yeah, my daughter insisted on shedding her florescent orange for the photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
          Back in 2014 at CBSP my kids killed their first bucks. Same day, same blind. Yeah, my daughter insisted on shedding her florescent orange for the photo op.

That's awesome!

Comment

Their is a hunt restriction that corn be labeled less than 20 parts per billion Aflatoxin. I forget where I bought corn when we hunted there a few years ago but I called United AG and Premium Deer corn that supplies Prasek's and Buc-ees and both of their's state 50 ppb.

Do any of you know where I can get corn that is labeled less than 20 ppb aflatoxin without me having to call every feed store in town

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
              Their is a hunt restriction that corn be labeled less than 20 parts per billion Aflatoxin. I forget where I bought corn when we hunted there a few years ago but I called United AG and Premium Deer corn that supplies Prasek's and Buc-ees and both of their's state 50 ppb.

Do any of you know where I can get corn that is labeled less than 20 ppb aflatoxin without me having to call every feed store in town
              No sir, but they didn't check ours. I took sweet feed as well.

Edit, I picked up Record Rack corn from TSC since I wanted to get sweet feed for that hunt. I just looked and it says this. "Record Rack Deer Corn is also tested to guarantee aflatoxin levels are less than 20 PPB"
              Last edited by Chad C; 11-02-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Edit, I picked up Record Rack corn from TSC since I wanted to get sweet feed for that hunt. I just looked and it says this. "Record Rack Deer Corn is also tested to guarantee aflatoxin levels are less than 20 PPB"
                Good deal.....thank you. Looks like both Academy and Walmart sale corn labeled with 20 ppb as well.

I picked up some sweet feed to take also.....never used it before but hope it helps the deer find our area quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Which sweet feed did you get for this hunt from TSC? I bought the purple bag as I read on here in a thread it contained more molasses than the brown bag.
                  Last edited by Rounder; 11-02-2021, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Wow- looks like a few TBH’ers will be in the park this season! GL to all , especially the kiddos!

Comment

Which sweet feed did you get for this hunt from TSC? I bought the purple bag as I read on here in a thread it contained more molasses than the brown bag.
                      Purple bag

Comment

Deer moving a lot. Should be a really good and nice weekend.

Good luck!

Comment

Success in compartment 5 today for my son

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a great deer! Congratulations to the young hunter and his guide.

Comment

Congrats y’all!

Comment

Awesome job, congrats!

Comment