Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OU is not exactly a juggernaut. They've squeaked by incredibly mediocre team. Another loss or two would not surprise me. They squeaked by WVU who squeaked by Tech and was blown out by Baylor. KSU beat Baylor. I mean, the opportunities for losses are there on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      No flukes but it was a game of inches on several plays rarely going Texas way as usual lol. For instance Washington caught a pass at the one with 2" of his foot out of bounds at the 1 that would have given them a 1st down. Instead they had to settle for a FG in the second half. On the flip side, Mims made a spectacular catch, much like Washington, and his foot was so close to the sideline you couldn't fit a "fine hair" into the gap between his foot and the white. That ended up in a TD for them instead of a 4th down FG. Both legitimately called, I just laughed at the difference and my luck. Then the strip with the OU RBs knee hitting the ground a split second before it came out and the punt that hit the Longhorn in the shoulder with two Sooners standing around him and the returner instead of hitting one of the Sooners......Things like that...Texas bad luck
      Sometimes ya just gotta see that Sooner Magic!

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 7

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        OU is not exactly a juggernaut. They've squeaked by incredibly mediocre team. Another loss or two would not surprise me. They squeaked by WVU who squeaked by Tech and was blown out by Baylor. KSU beat Baylor. I mean, the opportunities for losses are there on the schedule.

Rattler made those other games close. They look different with Williams at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m curious how bad woody let’s this get before pulling the plug on this death spiral going on in BR

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            It would make things interesting for sure.

A year with no undefeated SEC team(s) would open the door for a Cincy or two teams from the B10, an undefeated B12 champ is almost certainly in this year.

Ky at Ga shoud be interesting. Ky cant flat out move the ball on the ground.

Auburn at Arkansas will start sorting things out in the west. I guess as Aggies we are pulling for Auburn so we can beat them later and have a three way tie? Just playing for bowl rankings at this point

Alabama at MSST will be one to keep an eye on, can the Pirate make 500yards worth of 7 yard passes vs Alabama like he did vs TAMU?

Ole Miss at Tenn - take the over. No telling where that one goes, but a 110 point game is realistic.

Comment

From the interwebs

'Alabama's loss to Texas A&M is the first time a #1 ranked team has been defeated by an unranked team since 2008 when #1 USC lost to Oregon State. USC went on to finish 12-1 with a Rose Bowl victory.'

From my memory

The OC at that time was Sark.

Small world

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                From the interwebs

'Alabama's loss to Texas A&M is the first time a #1 ranked team has been defeated by an unranked team since 2008 when #1 USC lost to Oregon State. USC went on to finish 12-1 with a Rose Bowl victory.'

From my memory

Small world
                Yep, that game was on the road as well. Went on to win the conference and the Rose Bowl.

Bama, may very well do the same. Hit a pothole along the way OR TWO, except I figured Florida would have been their wake up call. This Bama team is definitely more vulnerable after watching the Florida and Aggie games. Every team with Bama left on the schedule needs to key in on the Rush packages set forth by Florida and Aggie.
                Last edited by Chad C; 10-11-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

So how is everyone on this fine Monday morning where the sun is shining bright, the fields are green, and the sounds of butterflies are music to my ears?

We’re so amazing we’re national champs, print them cups….

In seriousness, I hope this team shows up the rest of the season and we can land 10-2 in a NYE bowl. Best case scenario after king went down for sure

Comment

Kentucky has GA, Tennessee and Louisville left on their schedule. For bowl ranking it would do the Aggies well for them to drop two of those three. I doubt the beat Georgia, and Tenn is moving the ball really well, very quickly.

The more two loss teams in the SEC the better come November.

All this is assuming that the Aggies come out with some of that intensity we saw vs Alabama. I don't think they can match it, but some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      So how is everyone on this fine Monday morning where the sun is shining bright, the fields are green, and the sounds of butterflies are music to my ears?

We’re so amazing we’re national champs, print them cups….

In seriousness, I hope this team shows up the rest of the season and we can land 10-2 in a NYE bowl. Best case scenario after king went down for sure

Lol, soak it up!

I’m just hoping my son doesn’t take any of the new words he learned at deer camp during the Texas game back to school with him.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                        From the interwebs

From my memory

Small world
                        I don't see the correlation

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                          If I had to pick the game right now, I would have to pick OSU. Two weeks to prepare, we always get their A game. I sure hope our crowd shows up and helps. We will need it.

Hook'em
                          Personally, I think this is a game Texas should win at home. But, Texas has showed immaturity thus far this season. This is where the new coaching staff has to shine. Previous regimes were terrible at changing gears from week to week. I hope Sark has the tools and wherewithal to make it happen. Hook ‘Em!
                          Last edited by 2Lazy2P; 10-11-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 18ncs View Post
                            Ruh rah
                            ruh rah
                            ruh rah ree ,

ruh rah
                            ruh rah ...

this sucks
                            RTR
                            Dang 18, Why did you pick Brocks college picture. That hurts us more than it does you.

Comment

Finebaum is lit today . .

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                Let’s put it this way. The OL was so bad, one of them graded out in the single digits.

OL ranked 91st overall
                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                How did the defense grade out? OU had more plays for 25+ yards against Texas than they have had all year combined. Twice Brooks burned us for TD's on direct snaps (the only 2 of the game I believe) , on the same dang play. The last one with 10 seconds left in regulation when they were trying to set up for a field goal. Why didn't Texas call time out when they saw that alignment and tell the defense that if they come back with that play after the timeout to put 9 guys on the line and All key on Brooks, he was not going to throw it and the fake pitch to Williams was pretty weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X