Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, you are "turning off the lights ".

Congrats to you!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Great for you, enjoy it. Mine is June 10. Can't wait.

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congratulations on a grand milestone. Enjoy!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats and enjoy Alaska!

Comment

Congratulations. Must be a truly great feeling to walk away on your own terms and headed for some new adventures.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Big congrats!! Please start a thread once you settle in up there…

Curious as to why you choose Wasilla?
                    I chose Wasilla because it is a relatively small town of about 8,000 people and just far enough away from Anchorage (300,000 people) to not be tempted to go there everyday. And I found a beautiful house there that was in the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                      Congrats! You will have to get used to the cold/weather but don’t let that stop you from doing anything!
                      I have been there in February ice fishing. If you have the right clothes it is not that bad.

Comment

I am jealous. Hope to be in the same position that you are in........ just in 30 years lol.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          Congrats!
                          I would love to that but out of curiosity are your kids up there? That’s one of the things that would prevent me from moving so far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          My oldest daughter is a school teacher and planned to live in every state for one year. She made four states before going to Alaska. That was three years ago and she fell in love with Alaska life. I started visiting her and every time it was time to leave I did not want to. My younger daughter and her husband visited her and decided they and my five grandsons wanted to also live there so they will all be Alaskans with us. The hardest thing is leaving my Mom here in Texas. I have lived within two miles of her my entire life. I wish I could talk her into going with us. The flight home to visit her will not be a problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by TENRMORE View Post
                            Congrats, I hope to be able to take an adventure like that one day. Especially, I see you are from Beaumont, What a big change
                            I have lived in this area my entire life so it will be a big change for us.

Comment

Congratulations on the milestone! Enjoy retirement!

Comment

Well done, getting to enjoy the retirement you have earned.

Hogboy

Comment

Working...
                                X