No announcement yet.

Successful Arizona elk hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations sir! Nice bull and quick pack out, especially solo!

Comment

Beautiful animal. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
        Don't mind at all sir! I did not have any points that I know of. This was my first time ever putting in for a draw of any kind. My buddy added me to his application. Not sure how many points he had.
        Wow that’s awesome, congrats on the tag alone and capitalizing on it!

Comment

Had a buddy drop me off at the top of the canyon and hunted solo. I found him after my first packout and he helped me with packing out the rest.
          That's incredible! You're more of a man than me, I wouldn't even consider that I don't think.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBINHOOD11 View Post
            That's incredible! You're more of a man than me, I wouldn't even consider that I don't think.
            Appreciate it but its really all about preparation and determination.

Comment

Congrats on the trophy and the meat haul looks pretty great too!

Comment

On another note I was able to process the elk myself once I got home in my garage. This was alot of work as well but worth the effort. Packaged it in 3 categories - Steaks, Grind, and Jerky

I weighed the hind quarters and they were 45 pds bone in and I got a total of 20 pds of meat per. The fronts were 25 pds and I got about 10 pds of meat per.

I just finished up the last of it yesterday so I hope to get all of it in one 'pile' today to get a total weight.

I'm including a pic of the hind deboned and jerky making pics that I was able to make this week.
                You positive on those weights? Seems like not a lot of meat for a 600+ lbs animal. I know the quarters on mine sure felt heavier than 50 lbs each and that was deboned in the field.

Congrats on the elk, killed my first one this year as well and nothing quite like it.

Comment

They definitely felt heavier than 45lbs but per my new fancy 13 dollar walmart scale they were. Now that i have it all bagged up i cant go back and double check it.

I'll wait to see what the total weight is later today when i empty the freezer.

Comment

Incredible story and bull. Congratulations!
                    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by GARY View Post
                      Incredible story and bull. Congratulations!

Thank you sir!

Comment

Great bull, great story.
                        Appreciate you sharing.
                        Congrats

Comment

Working...
                        X