No announcement yet.

What Texas town would you live in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe nobody has said Dumas, or Littlefield.

Probably Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brady, Llano or Marble Falls for me.

My dad had a lake house in Paradise Point on Lake Buchanan about 20 years ago. So did his best friend and dad's sister. I could see me living there, for sure.

A waterfront house on Lake Fork would be good too. I bought a waterfront lot in Birch Creek on Fork when I was in my 20's. Then I met my wife, and she didn't want to raise kids in the Yantis School district, so I sold the lot. I still regret selling it.

Comment

Made my choice 23 years ago.

Comment

Someone tally up totals for the top 5.

Comment

The only thing wrong with the central Texas area is July and August. Other than that it is normally great.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
            Priddy, TX.
            Can you buy anything in Priddy like a few acres?

Comment

Mason

Comment

I'm in Winnie, WHOLE extended family (and it's huge, is within an hour, deer lease is 1 hr 20 mins, Trinity bay-29 mins, east bay-43 mins, pleasure island, and rainbow bridge both 38 mins, some of the best duck hunting, and pretty good dove hunting on certain years, over run with pigs to kill, I think I'll stay.

It sounds like paradise when said like that, and I do like it here, but it's ugly, all rice fields and talla trees.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

we just went and looked at properties in Fredericksburg today, so either in that area or somewhere between Canyon Lake and there.

Comment

Liberty Hill, moving there very soon actually.
                    The view from the back porch sold me!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BetramHunter; 08-10-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                      Can you buy anything in Priddy like a few acres?
                      I’m not sure how often land comes up for sale, but it shouldn’t be too hard. Not much “in” town for sale.

Comment

Comanche Hamilton Lake Proctor ain’t bad.

Comment

Not many votes for the East Tx area maybe cause there ain’t no deer here
                          Tyler is a pretty attractive area for retirees due to hospital systems & decent shopping & retail
                          I have mixed feelings as my wife & I like it here but also like the New Braunfel/Gruene/San Marcos area

Comment

Originally posted by jmac24 View Post
                            we just went and looked at properties in Fredericksburg today, so either in that area or somewhere between Canyon Lake and there.
                            The back side of Canyon Lake is nice. I drove that area a month ago and forgot how pretty it is. Long way to Fredericksburg. FBurg is out of control

Comment

San Marcos, Wimberley, New Braunfels and Canyon Lake is easily the best area in Texas. It has everything. The current political landscape spilling out of Austin and San Antonio is wreaking havov.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                                Somewhere between Hemphill and San Augustine!
                                I actually went and looked at 120 acres for sale in Milam.

Comment

Working...
                                X