X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnet co

My nabor just bought 16 Acers and give me the hunting rights

What can I exapect to see out there as of deer

Depends a lot on location & size/hunting pressure of neighboring properties.

When I hunted there (25 yrs ago) a 115" Buck was a Bruiser. I know folks are killing way bigger these days. And #s were great back then. I'm assuming they still are.

I'd hunt it.

Good luck.....

D.

Comment

I live in burnet. And location will have a huge deal on numbers and size. I have access to a small 15acre place. That has 130+ deer on camera every year. With great numbers of deer.

Comment

Was told he meet one of the nabors who don’t hunt but he only got 20 Acers lol he talk my
        The guy that going to let me hunt to put a few cows on the place to keep taxes down

Comment

Doesn’t matter really, free place to fill the freezer easily! Be blessed with the opportunity.

Comment

I agree with comment above that location within the county and the terrain can vary. Most parts of the county will have a lot of deer. Depending on the area as to the quality of the bucks. What the mentality of the average hunter in the area is often dependent on quality as well. Burnet county has no AR, and 5 deer county and unfortunately this leads to a lot of good young deer being shot. If you have an area with little hunting pressure it can be a great place to hunt. Lots of turkeys and hogs in most places as well. Good luck and congratulations on finding a place to hunt.

Comment

Dats grate yo nabor gon let yo hunt I’m sorry. I found it funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post

Lol

Comment

That’s just wrong buzzbait! Lol!

Comment

couple cows is crazy
                    free place to kill some time and maybe shoot a deer is awesome.

Comment

I’ll echo what others have said. I was blessed to get to him on a 21,000+ acre ranch (33 sq. mi.) in Burnet Co. there were a couple places we shot 140”+ deer. There were a ton of places to shoot an average deer and there a few places where we never saw deer. It’s hit or miss but should be good for meat hunts, at a minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post

😂

Comment

I have 2 properties in Burnet Co. One is 12 acres and one is 123 acres.
                          I get bigger deer on the 12 acres but more deer on the 123 acres.

Comment

Sold my premium 25 acres in what is known as Oatmeal area. Very dumb. Cut out of 300 acres. Surround by huge ranches and Balconies Canyon Land preserve. Small place, I had a very high quality well and PEC power installed. Made a great entry, installed 9 strand barbed so a dog could mostly be maintained. Some Exotics, Massive of Deer, Turkey and Pigs of course. Had in wildlife Management so no taxes. Am I stupid or what? Love Burnet County but retired so no funds to do it over with today's prices.

Comment

Working...
                            X