Is it Hunting or Harvesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    I think killing vs hunting is more appropriate in today's hunting environment. A lot of what is done is no more than rolling up and killing, not much, if any hunting involved. Im not hating on it but that is pretty accurate. People used to ask if I was going dove hunting, I would say, nope Im going dove shooting. I had a great place with great birds so there wasnt any hunting to it.
    Killing is fun. Waiting is boring and hunting is exhausting. You ever pheasant hunted? You have to walk miles......I like to travel in feet and yards.....Unless I'm in a vehicle.

I've never been deer huntin before. I just went and watched deer for hours until a big one showed up.Lol It's weird when you think about it. They all taste delicious.
    Last edited by okrattler; 11-13-2018, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Any y’all catch anything today?

Comment

Harvesting is what Yankees call hunting/killing.

Comment

If you need someone to define it for you, then you've missed the whole point entirely, and you probably never knew what you were doing to begin with.

Frankly, I'm getting really tired of endless threads trying to prove some point to make the OP feel better about their own methods, means, or short.....barrel length.

Comment

Most professors in any type of wildlife management program call it "harvesting" of game. At least all mine did, guess that's where I picked it up and still use the term to this day.

Comment

I just like killing stuff. Low fence, high fence, no fence. I'm not there to commune with nature, enjoy the birds singing or listen to the wind in the trees although I do enjoy all of that while I'm attempting to kill something.
              I'm there to draw blood. No harvesting involved.

Gary

Comment

Just because it has a fence around it doesn’t mean the animals are “tame” like you think. They’re are still wild animals, otherwise they’d be called pets. The high fence allow you to track movements better and pinpoint them, therefore giving you the upper hand. South Texas deer are more dumb than the deer on the ranch I help out at. I had the same viewpoint as high fence hunting was easy until I took my turn at guiding clients, only then did I realize it’s not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you kill a coyote and leave it lay, you just killed it. If you kill a deer, process it out to eat, seems like you harvested it.

Comment

Who cares. I kill, harvest, smoke, stick, spank, shank, shoot, drop, destroy, defeat, decimate, dominate, own, pinch, pluck, pierce, bang, boom, hammer, gouge, annihilate, obliterate, rage, remove, manage, cull and makem dead. I’m sure I missed a few but you get the point.

Comment

Call it what ever you want. Harvest em, Hunt em, kill em, smoke em. Main thing is don’t give a ***** who thinks what about it
                      Last edited by Jcjohnson; 11-14-2018, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamshire View Post
                        Harvesting is what Yankees call hunting/killing.

Oh Really?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunting is going out there.
                          Harvesting is actually killing something

Like fishing and catching

Comment

The correct term is “hunting”.

“Harvesting” was started as to not offend the non-hunters.

To be honest, I don’t have a problem with other people using “harvest” if it keeps the non-hunters from turning into anti-hunters. If all the non-hunters ever turn into anti-hunters there no longer will be hunters.

Comment

It is hunting and killing. Pretty simple.....

Comment

Personally I hunt and occasionally kill something. Although I have seen some stories on here that don’t amount to much more than the guy at the HEB produce department calling and letting me know they just recieved a fresh load of trophy tomatoes that should be put on the shelf at 9:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X