Savage Axis at Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Axis at Academy

Savage Axis with Weaver scope for $279.99 several calibers. not sure how good of a deal it is, but looks cheap.

and a $60 rebate

Comment

I won to axis at a gun raffle 25/06 and 30/06 not bad shooting guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree, I won a Savage Axis 30/06 as well. Changed the trigger out with a drop in Timney replacement and its a sweet shooting gun now.

Comment

thinking about buying either the 6.5cm or 308

Comment

If this set up does not have the Savage Accu Trigger, I highly recommend this cheap kit on eBay from Affordable Accuracy, https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAVAGE-AXIS...AAAOxyhXRTMNab.

I dropped one in my son’s Savage Axis he received for Christmas last year and it made a huge difference dropping the trigger weight from 7ish to 3ish

It’s $15, you can’t really go wrong. I have a write up about it here in campfire and other side of the ranch section

Comment

In was looking at them earlier at academy. I'm sure tempted!

Comment

Got an axis .243 that I dropped a rifle basix trigger into .. kills deer every year and I could care less if it gets rained on, beat up, laid in the dirt

Comment

Originally posted by AggieDoc08 View Post
                  I agree, I won a Savage Axis 30/06 as well. Changed the trigger out with a drop in Timney replacement and its a sweet shooting gun now.

My 30/06 had a sweet trigger and my 25/06 seemed like it had a 8 pound trigger. Seemed like two different companies made them.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
                    I won to axis at a gun raffle 25/06 and 30/06 not bad shooting guns.

I too won a Savage Axis .223 at a raffle. Would have never bought one and was very surprised how accurate the rifle was. I made a few mods, like trigger spring and stock. But don't think because it is a inexpensive gun, it is not a accurate gun.
                    Vids all over youtube on Axis trigger jobs. I cut 1.5 coils off of the trigger spring and now it breaks at 4lbs clean.
                    Good gun for the money, but you will want to change the stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      I too won a Savage Axis .223 at a raffle. Would have never bought one and was very surprised how accurate the rifle was. I made a few mods, like trigger spring and stock. But don't think because it is a inexpensive gun, it is not a accurate gun.

Vids all over youtube on Axis trigger jobs. I cut 1.5 coils off of the trigger spring and now it breaks at 4lbs clean.

Good gun for the money, but you will want to change the stock.

I do agree. It never crossed my mind to buy one but the are very accurate for the price. I have not shoot the 30/06 but the 25/06 is a straight shooter. It like these

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        thinking about buying either the 6.5cm or 308

My son has the 6.5 cm. It’s a good shooter

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Savage can be made great with some small mods.

Comment

Check out the Ruger American or the t/c compass.
                            I love savages but both of these are proven shooters and inexpensive.

BP

Comment

I bought a savage axis 243 in 2012 and have killed dozens of deer and pigs and varmits with it. It’s my go to gun. Last year I bought that spring from the eBay guy and it made a huge difference. Im officially handing it down to my youngest this year. No complaints

Comment

Working...
                              X