Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 05-26-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas
Default Mail in voting

Do you believe all of this was wrapped up in the covid19 plan?
Do you think the Dems are trying to steal the presidential election?
Between a damaged economy and mail in voting the democrats hope they can win come november.
What happens to our country when the voters rightfully believe our elections are rigged?
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

No,
Not at the beginning. Mail in was not part of the plan. Neither was never ending lockdowns but the Democrats are unbelievably skilled at not letting an opportunity go to waste......oh wait........Iíve heard the republican are mirror images of Democrats of course thatís ignorant.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Going to be the #1 problem if continued / successful in swing states...Ca has already issued an EO but trump can't win there anyway, but sucks for local/state elections.

Twitter has already put a warning on a trump tweet about him calling this out as infested w/ fraud. THIS is the new enemy imho & may very well hit scotus before Nov.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2020, 08:58 PM   #4
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

I voted from Virginia, New Jersey, Iowa for elections back in Louisiana when I was on various corporate assignments. Thousands of folks do the same every year and have been for at least all my adult life post college late 80's. I guess I have not seen a big time upsurge in illegal voting across the nation....but definitely seen an incident here and an incident there. I have read about 2 or 3 articles on it but have not seen mastermind level scamming on either side.....mostly wayward poll workers. Definitely something else to be vigilant about however!
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-26-2020, 09:09 PM   #5
bmac
Ten Point

Hunt In: Robertson Co. & TPWD

I thought the republicans should have started trying to recall the governors in the blue states that wouldnít lighten restrictions by using mail in vote/ petition signature. Since they wonít let them conjugate to gather the required petition signatures. As soon as the Democrats start complaining, just throw it in their face that if not allowed now then donít ask for it in November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bmac is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 02:14 AM   #6
PlanoDano
Six Point

Hunt In: TX, ID, CO

Could make a case that mail in ballots could help Trump here in Texas. Even some elder Trump supporters are taking Shelter in Place seriously.
PlanoDano is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 08:38 AM   #7
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanoDano View Post
Could make a case that mail in ballots could help Trump here in Texas. Even some elder Trump supporters are taking Shelter in Place seriously.
He doesn't need that kind of "help"
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 10:03 AM   #8
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

I think it is a good thing if tied to an ID like drivers license. Lots of old folks won't go to the polls this year and will only do mail in ballets. Without the old folks, dems win for sure.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #9
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I think it is a good thing if tied to an ID like drivers license. Lots of old folks won't go to the polls this year and will only do mail in ballets. Without the old folks, dems win for sure.
He does need this kind of help i think.
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 10:08 AM   #10
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

The us mail is extremely unreliable. If you mail something to me, it is a crapshoot if i will ever get it. Took the bank 4 tries last year to get me a new debit card.

I may have lost a longtime friend yesterday when i posted on her comment on how safe mail in voting would be. I stated that if you dont believe widespread voting fraud will not happen if our elections go postal, you are delusional.
double bogey is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #11
Neck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: DeWitt County

They just ran thru this in Paterson NJ and there is already tons of voter fraud in those elections. I read on article that stated they were going to people's homes who had mailed in a ballot and asked them point blank if they had indeed cast a ballot and the homeowners told them they definitely had not voted. They also found an apartment with something like 800 ballots sitting in it. I guess someone did not like the way those ballots had voted so they got trashed.
Neck is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 10:29 AM   #12
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I don't think I know anybody that would have voted anyway, that won't go to the polls because of coronavirus. Most people are going to the grocery stores. I'd take my chances with a fair election as opposed to a mailed in election.
Old 05-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #13
BrianL
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lamar and Dickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWC View Post
I don't think I know anybody that would have voted anyway, that won't go to the polls because of coronavirus. Most people are going to the grocery stores. I'd take my chances with a fair election as opposed to a mailed in election.
A lot of those 70+ aren't going out nearly as much. I know my parents are staying in unless required to go somewhere. That is two Trump votes that won't likely be going to a polling station, but doing mail in ballets. I'll probably do early voting and pick my time with low #s. I think Early voting should start earlier and last thru November 3rd. If mail in is allowed for persons under 65, i'll go that route.
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 04:04 PM   #14
Landrover
Pope & Young

Lightbulb

Quote:
A lot of those 70+ aren't going out nearly as much. I know my parents are staying in unless required to go somewhere. That is two Trump votes that won't likely be going to a polling station, but doing mail in ballets. I'll probably do early voting and pick my time with low #s. I think Early voting should start earlier and last thru November 3rd. If mail in is allowed for persons under 65, i'll go that route.
My 83 & 88 parents are in that boat of not going anywhere unless it relates to health as the virus has been very real for them......17 funerals in one neighborhood brings it home quickly. I am also in that boat of mail-in if available. We are well into the 21st Century and I am sure it can be made secure if we really wanted it to be.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #15
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

It's not the honest folks voting via mail that's the problem...there is rampant & brazen amounts of fraud down here in the RGV & la maquina will use any and every method available at their disposal. There are several close key swing states & you will soon see the hard push for mail in ballots in said states. Mail fraud could easily be used to fix this election.

Don't fall for it, it's not about the virus & the elderly voters!! This is bad, really bad if it moves forward.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 05:09 PM   #16
curtintex
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Trinity County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I voted from Virginia, New Jersey, Iowa for elections back in Louisiana when I was on various corporate assignments. Thousands of folks do the same every year and have been for at least all my adult life post college late 80's. I guess I have not seen a big time upsurge in illegal voting across the nation....but definitely seen an incident here and an incident there.

Well, Oscar, to be fair, you were mailing your votes back to Louisiana. How could you tell one election fraud from another? Those folks made an art out of it for years....much like many South Texas counties.

curtintex is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 05:52 PM   #17
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Democrats can't allow Trump to appoint another Judge to the SCOTUS.
If that happens the democrats know that they will have a difficult time passing unconstitutional laws. There is a lot at stake in the coming election and there will be more efforts to stop Trump from winning.

The Democrats are a sack of frauds and liars who will support any effort that allows them an opportunity to win at the ballot box.

No voter ID
Illegal immigration
Mail in voting will be the cornerstone for those two actions to be the most effective at stealing elections.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 PM   #18
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtintex View Post
Well, Oscar, to be fair, you were mailing your votes back to Louisiana. How could you tell one election fraud from another? Those folks made an art out of it for years....much like many South Texas counties.

A lot of truth there! But usually folks got paid......lol!
Old 05-27-2020, 10:43 PM   #19
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath

We have mail-in voting. It's called absentee ballots and the individual voter is required to request their ballot. Use this if you're afraid to go to the polls.
MassMan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 11:12 PM   #20
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMan View Post
We have mail-in voting. It's called absentee ballots and the individual voter is required to request their ballot. Use this if you're afraid to go to the polls.
Texas SC just ruled that fear of covid isn't a legitimate reason to get an absentee ballot, so no dice.
sir shovelhands is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-27-2020, 11:59 PM   #21
MassMan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
Texas SC just ruled that fear of covid isn't a legitimate reason to get an absentee ballot, so no dice.
Check the disability box.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:23 AM   #22
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassMan View Post
Check the disability box.
Make a fraudulent claim?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:07 AM   #23
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Make a fraudulent claim?
U beat me to it!
Old 05-28-2020, 12:37 PM   #24
MassMan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
Make a fraudulent claim?
Read the decision and disability statute. Some county clerks have already given the ok to use covid as a reason for voting absentee so fraud is a bit strong. Voting absentee isn't my concern. Blanket mailing of ballots to everyone on the voting rolls is much different.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:53 PM   #25
LWC
Ten Point

Old 05-29-2020, 01:46 PM   #26
E.TX.BOWHUNTER
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas Public Lands

How many of you have forgotten the Dems wanted to throw out overseas ballots from the military in the 2016 election?
E.TX.BOWHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-30-2020, 07:52 AM   #27
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
How many of you have forgotten the Dems wanted to throw out overseas ballots from the military in the 2016 election?
I haven't and I'm glad you pointed it out.