Tritium Pins and Glow in the Dark Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone used glow in the dark paint or glow in the dark tritium paint to help aid a tritium bow sight pin?

Ttt

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Didn’t know they made tritium paint as it’s a gas and don’t think that is possible. Only issue with glow in the dark stuff it that you have to charge with light and never had anything last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
          Didn’t know they made tritium paint as it’s a gas and don’t think that is possible. Only issue with glow in the dark stuff it that you have to charge with light and never had anything last long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not tritium, it’s phosphor. And yes it has to be charged every 30 minutes or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            It’s not tritium, it’s phosphor. And yes it has to be charged every 30 minutes or so.

I guess that makes more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post

I guess that makes more sense.

What are you looking to accomplish?

To answer your original question yes I have used the phosphorous paint in the past and the recharge every 30 minutes was my experience. This was when we still used brass pins prior to fiber optics that we have today so it’s been a day or two ago. [emoji16]

There are much better options available today.

Last edited by Mike D; 04-27-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

I've tried both tritium pins and glow in the dark paint and neither did the job for me. Best thing to do is get a light to light up your fiber optic pins. Don't go with a light that shines directly on your pins, you need one that shines on the end of the fiber optics and that will light up your pins. You also want to get a light that you can dim because too bright of a light will cause too much glare from your pins making it hard to see. If you can't get a light that can be dimmed, you can put a piece of black tap over the light and poke some small holes in the tape to let a little light through.

Comment

Working...
                X