Accubond Long Range Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accubond Long Range Bullets

Does anyone have any experience with this bullet? I’m looking at running these in my 30-06 and 300 WSM. Looking to hunt with these and wanted to know what y’all think.

What you want to know about them?

They fly great, kill fast and can handle lots of speed.

Comment

I tried the Hornady A-max and HATED the way they fragmented and I loved the Ballistic tips performance. Do they hold together as well as the B-tips?

Comment

I should ask, how far have you killed with them? I might have an opportunity to go antelope hunting and don’t want to bring a bullet that’s going to make a mess like the A-max.

Comment

Take a look at the ELDX, run them in my 257 weatherby and did work on a piggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
            I should ask, how far have you killed with them? I might have an opportunity to go antelope hunting and don’t want to bring a bullet that’s going to make a mess like the A-max.
            The Amax is a target cup n core bullet. It's not designed as a hunting bullet and will come apart like a grenade when driven fast.

The Nosler has the core bonded to the jacket which is designed to mushroom, penetrate and hold together. It's a hunting bullet.

Comment

I killed a hog at 560 the other day. He didn't go anywhere.

Killed several mule deer in the 350 range. Never had anything take another step.

Shooting them in a 26 Nosler.

Comment

I used the accubond on an Elk hunt in 2012. 200 grain out of .300 Wby Mag. I can't remember if it was the LR or not. Hit my bull multiple times with little reaction. 4 th shot broke off side leg and he fell. He barely reacted to the first three. They are too tough in my opinion. All 4 exited at 259 yards. They all went through the ribs. Antelope are so light I would use a less sexy cup and core bullet or ballistic tip style bullet. I have done well on em with SSTs. Pic is a B&C awards goat I smoked with a 129 sst out of a .260 Rem.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Jon B; 12-04-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I think they are great. I started shooting 165 grains in my 30-06 (all that I could find after Obama was re-elected). Now I hand load 150 grain Accubonds. Also like Barnes TSX.

Comment

Great bullets. I have no idea why they are out of stock almost everywhere in . 257, but they perform great at close range and long distance.

Comment

I have never had a deer or hog take a step after impact with 140 gr Accubonds out of a .270 Weatherby Mag. Max distance about 350 yds. All shots were in the shoulder or just behind the shoulder. Excellent hunting round, great ballistic coefficients, and game stoppers with proper shot placement

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                        I tried the Hornady A-max and HATED the way they fragmented and I loved the Ballistic tips performance. Do they hold together as well as the B-tips?

That’s because the AMAX is not a hunting bullet, the Accubond is.

I will say that the BC on them is pretty grossly overstated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                          I will say that the BC on them is pretty grossly overstated.
                          Older boxes that was true, newer boxes have Doppler verified BC's printed on them. Either way a quick trip to Nosler website gives you the new BC's.

Comment

Some of these comments seem to be confusing the Accubond LR with the original Accubond. I was researching this myself yesterday cause I was thinking about trying some of the .270 150 gr Accubond Long Ranges in my 270.

The original Accubond is a tried and tried deep penetrating bullet that I personally like. They’ve always performed excellent in my 270, 257 and ‘06. Their BC isn’t all that great but they do what they’re intended to do... kill stuff.

The Accubond LR was kind of the first generation of ELD-X, high BC bullet designed to kill stuff at long range. The problem was that their initial BC was wildly overstated and, as a result, they didn’t fly as advertised at ranges of 1000+. They recently verified and revised their BCs, which are pretty close to similarly weighted Bergers and ELD-Xs.

Now the problem I’ve read is that, because they’re intended to be expand at a 1000 yards where velocity and energy is substantially reduced, they tend to come apart at high velocities when you shoot at something in the 100-200 yard range. That’s just what I’ve read... no real world experience. I’m still thinking I might try those .270 150s on some paper and hogs this offseason and see what happens.

Comment

If it was me and I was planning on a long range antelope shot. I’d got to the range with the accubond, eldx, and any others that would be a qualifying hunting bullet. I would then see which groups the best. Let your rifle chose.

Comment

Working...
                              X