Dang Yellowjackets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang Yellowjackets!

bought 2 slabs of ribs this morning and going to throw them on the pit this evening......went out and hooked up to the pit in the pasture and yellowjackets had built a nest in the hitch and 1 of them mean sonuvaguns stung me on the leg...first time ive been stung by them in a long time and man their sting sure does burn....i killed the hell outta them

Anyway next i'm gonna pick up the kids at school then its home to throw the ribs on and Shiner Blonde

I hate them sob's

Comment

Ouch! You keep em all over there! I hate them boogers!!

Comment

is it just me or do they look much bigger these days than they used to be? like theyre on roids or something....dang

Comment

I got popped by them awhile back.... Two In the ear and one on my lip..

Hurt bad

Comment

Yikes! I filled a friends(term used loosely) feeder Monday. Turns out this good friend has a few holes in the top of his feeder. So, I removed the lid and placed my hand directly on a red wasp nest. Zap, Zap!! Got me twice.

Thanks buddy!!!

Comment

Ain't this the second thread about wasps in a smoker? Sucks the be you, lol

Make sure to enjoy those ribs, to make it worth while.

Comment

I hate them son-of-a-guns. One got me under the fingernail crawling into a ground blind. Worst pain I have felt in a while.

Comment

Same thing happened to me one time. But I was cranking up the jack to hook up our smoker. They had built a nest just under the front edge of the trailer. It was cool that morning and they couldnt fly yet, so they dropped in a pile onto the top of my foot. And since I was wearing flip flops they started having a sting fest. I looked like the one legged man in a but kikin contest.

Comment

I got stung not to long ago, and I forgot how bad it hurts. My copenhagen helped.

Comment

well i'm back home right now fixing to fire up the pit and those Shiners are gonna help me feel a lot better!!

Comment

Comment

paper wasp?

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado View Post
                            is it just me or do they look much bigger these days than they used to be? like theyre on roids or something....dang
                            There are two different "stingers" that look a lot alike. The true yellowjacket is about the size of a honeybee and may build in a hole in the ground, inside your house's walls or who knows where. The other one, that folks incorrectly call a yellowjacket is a paper wasp--and builds the classic greyish looking nest, usually under the eaves of houses, etc. They are also known to frequent deer blinds and feeders--

The little ones hurt me worse than the paper wasps.

Comment

I got nailed by one in college while playing baseball. I hit a double, rounded second and as I turned to go back to 2nd base, it flew right in between my cheek and the ear flap of my helmet. As I tried to take my helmet off, it got me right on the side of my face! I swelled up like a jack-o-lantern. It was awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X