Gun safe question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe question

I am in the market for a gun safe after my brother ripped me off. I am looking at 2 right now. Both are 24-gun and both are fire rated(30 minutes at 1400°). The Cannon safe at Academy is $599.00 and the Winchester safe at TSC is $699.00. The Winchester safe has a door organizer system that is pretty cool. The Cannon safe has 5 bolts in the door and the Winchester has 12 bolts in the door. Anybody have any experience with either one? Any information would be appreciated.

I would go with the 12 bolts.

Comment

i also looked at that winchester at academy. i Like it. especially if its 12 bolt

Comment

My opinion is to get a higher end safe twice as big as you think you need. I promise you will fill it up. I understand we all
        Have budgets but don't skimp on this one time purchase

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
          My opinion is to get a higher end safe twice as big as you think you need. I promise you will fill it up. I understand we all
          What he said!!

Comment

They have a cannon for 949 at academy that holds 48. If you have never had a safe be aware that in a 24 gun there is NO way you can fit 24 long guns without them touching or being scratched. A 24 gun will fit probably fit 15-18 scoped guns and that's pushin it. Just beware!! I learned the hard way!!

Comment

That 48 gun Cannon is $799 at Costco...I just bought one and it is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                They have a cannon for 949 at academy that holds 48. If you have never had a safe be aware that in a 24 gun there is NO way you can fit 24 long guns without them touching or being scratched. A 24 gun will fit probably fit 15-18 scoped guns and that's pushin it. Just beware!! I learned the hard way!!
                What he siad, Im kicking myself and saving up for another larger safe now.

Comment

I have the TSC Winchester and LOVE it!! Yes I may grow out of it one day but it does everything I need it it to do right now and I am glad I have the door organizer.

Comment

safesrus.com

Comment

Wish I would have done this. I filled up a 24 easy and still need more room.

Comment

Following I have been looking at the exact two safes

Comment

When u buy the safe, look at gun rods, they'll double the space in the safe

Comment

THIS ! I bought a little bigger than I needed 20 years ago and now have two , and may need another soon

Comment

Originally posted by Habanarrow View Post
                              When u buy the safe, look at gun rods, they'll double the space in the safe

What are these ?

Comment

Working...
                              X