Memorial Day Firework Stands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day Firework Stands

Did quite a bit of driving over the weekend..noticed a few stands open.. I can't remember seeing that before? Makes sense I guess, is it normal?

I didn't see a single stand open on our trip to NE Arkansas and back this weekend. I was surprised to not see any open but I guess it's just New Years and July 4th these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
      Did quite a bit of driving over the weekend..noticed a few stands open.. I can't remember seeing that before? Makes sense I guess, is it normal?
      I did too, thru east Texas. I've never seen that before & thought they were only allowed to sell them during certain dates. Like:
      June 24th-July 4th
      December 20th-December 31st
      or something like that.

Comment

Just found this:
        State lawmakers decided there needs to be more room in the calendar for Texas fireworks.

New for 2016, state residents can buy fireworks on Texas Independence Day (March 2), San Jacinto Day (April 21) and Memorial Day (May 30), in addition to New Year’s Day and July 4.

Comment

http://http://www.superiorfireworks....laws-for-2016/

Comment

I whole heartedly disagree with fireworks on Memorial Day, it's a time for reflection not celebration. The men and women we are memorializing were killed by bombs and gun fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              I whole heartedly disagree with fireworks on Memorial Day, it's a time for reflection not celebration. The men and women we are memorializing were killed by bombs and gun fire.
              Agree %100. This holiday is not a celebration. This is a time of solom remeberance of those who died for us. Around 1.2 million from what I've heard. All the stores with memerial day sales irritate me too but guess I'm just old and grouchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                This! It shouldn't be "celebrated." And, it should be moved back to May 30th and not tied to giving 3 days off.

Comment

Working...
                X