Who would let this one walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    It might have been this buck even though the antlers don't exactly match. That is they don't match on the year the photo was taken. It could be the same deer. Interesting story that is similar to this one.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/20...xas-superbuck/
    This guy was on our lease before we got it. Owners kicked him off due to suspecting him of doing the same thing. He called me several times over the past few years wanting back on our lease - of course I told him no way. Bad actor for sure

Comment

I would have all my things loaded up , shoot the deer and drive home. I would be happy to find another lease! Lol. That's just me though.

Comment

I have been hunting with a strict management plan for years. I spend a pile of hard earned money to hunt so I follow the program to the letter. I strictly shoot what puts a smile on my face. That's it. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

It might have been this buck even though the antlers don't exactly match. That is they don't match on the year the photo was taken. It could be the same deer. Interesting story that is similar to this one.

http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/20...xas-superbuck/
          Definitely not the same buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
            Definitely not the same buck.
            Nope
            Because they plan to let it live and that deer is dead

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
              I would have all my things loaded up , shoot the deer and drive home. I would be happy to find another lease! Lol. That's just me though.
              So, you would make an agreement with your lease mates while lying through your teeth and then break your word as soon as they turn their backs and smile all the way home?

I'll be sure and remember who you are when I start advertising openings on my lease.

Comment

Not a chance

Comment

Originally posted by Corn Sack View Post
                  So, you would make an agreement with your lease mates while lying through your teeth and then break your word as soon as they turn their backs and smile all the way home?

I'll be sure and remember who you are when I start advertising openings on my lease.
                  Been a whole lot of disappointing responses on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
                    I hunted a HF lease in South Texas that had a big deer like that, but after watching him for 5 years, he just disappeared in the middle of the season. Everyone had agreed to let him walk. Guessed that poachers got him from the road.
                    I've got a cousin with a HF place and they had a buck just like yours. They were convinced he had been poached....'til they killed that big sucker after 2-3 years of not seeing him (in person or even so much as a camera pic)! They can still hide. Just sayin'...

Comment

There's conservation and then there's confusion... Any hunter over the last several thousand years would have shot that deer on sight. It seems like they want some pat on the back for being so righteous as to let this animal go in peace. It's a deer. Just like all the dozens of does they slaughter to keep ratios in check. These guys aren't PETA, they're hunters. They just got confused along the way. Kill the thing. This is why we're here fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Nope
                        Because they plan to let it live and that deer is dead
                        Lmao! That's what I was thinking too....😂

Comment

Originally posted by Smith View Post
                          Kill the thing. This is why we're here fellas.
                          As you age things usually change. It's not about killing to everybody.

Comment

As you age things usually change. It's not about killing to everybody.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hun...ing/six-stages
                            The OP said this guy has no problem killing 150" culls...

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                              If I was on a good lease that I thought I could stay on for a very long time, I definitely wouldn't shoot that thing.
                              x1000

Im actually pretty surprised how many have said that they WOULD shoot him even against the law or rules haha.

Its just a deer at the end of the day. Your character should be worth a lot more than any deer. Of course, If allowed id smoke him so fast youd hardly be able to see it!! But if against the law or rules or both then he wont be shot. I enjoy looking at deer and watching cool animals do their thing. And if theres that one buck that big on that place I bet theres a whole bunch of 150-170s. It would be cool kicking back and drinking a beer and watching that old stud walk around. Thanks for sharing the pics

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                                x1000

Im actually pretty surprised how many have said that they WOULD shoot him even against the law or rules haha.

Its just a deer at the end of the day. Your character should be worth a lot more than any deer. Of course, If allowed id smoke him so fast youd hardly be able to see it!! But if against the law or rules or both then he wont be shot. I enjoy looking at deer and watching cool animals do their thing. And if theres that one buck that big on that place I bet theres a whole bunch of 150-170s. It would be cool kicking back and drinking a beer and watching that old stud walk around. Thanks for sharing the pics
                                I agree also - if you get on a lease and know the rules and guidelines then you either follow them or don't get on. No deer is ever worth your character.

But I still find it highly unusual for a group to let a buck like this walk at that age. The whole point of a management program is to grow and harvest a buck like this one - especially once it is past its breeding prime. But to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                                X