Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$143

Comment

My gas bill was $19 higher than last month. Haven't got my electricity bill yet, can't imagine it will be too high since it was off for 2 days during the worst temps.

Had a gas fireplace running the whole time.

Comment

Snow-mageden electric bills

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        My problem is we never lost power and usage was normal. Lost heat for a couple days (used no electric heat) and switched to Emergency Heat once it was fixed but our woodburning stove kept our heat off. I would get up every 2 hrs and make sure the fire was still burning. Thermostat was set on 65 and house stayed 68-76 depending on how stacked I kept the stove.

The following week after the storm my wife caught a guy in the yard at our meter. Asked what he was doing and he said “making a map”. I had my previous bill meter reading and went and looked at the current reading for that time. We averaged 1300 KWH a month and on that day with 15 days left in the billing cycle we were at 1200 already. Currently at 1600 usage with 5 days left in the cycle. I messaged my neighbors the same day who average 90 KWH/day and after that guy was here they checked their meter putting them at an average of 253 KWH/day based off that reading.

Was he “really” making a map or bumping meters?!?!?

Here’s a screenshot from my neighbors text conversation.

We used 1027kw for all of January. We used 206kw on the cold Monday of the event. That was legit. My wifi thermostat said the heating unit ran for 12 hrs that day. We ended using as much electricity in 7 days as we did in all of January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          My electric was $340 for 3500 sqft. I couldn’t imagine what 6k would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It was $168 as I posted. New build in 2019, foamed and very efficient ac/heating units.

Comment

Have not gotten my electric bill yet, but it should not be bad since I was without power for 6 days.

Comment

Two different bills for me. I have TXU at the lease and that one was $59. No one was there, and I suspect since its in a very sparsely populated area, that service was interrupted. At home I have PEC and it was $195, and I had service about half the week. My only complaint is that I received no correspondence from them that it was even a possibility our service would be interrupted. I don't watch the news so didn't see the hubbub about rolling blackouts. I tell you what, though.....they dang sure send you an email if you're a minute late paying your bill.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                My gas bill was $19 higher than last month. Haven't got my electricity bill yet, can't imagine it will be too high since it was off for 2 days during the worst temps.

Had a gas fireplace running the whole time.
                Power bill just came in

$48.80

Comment

Electric was $54, but gas was $100 + which never happens. Very thankful I had a gas furnace.

Comment

Over the last five years, I've averaged $89 for electricity and $38 for gas. This month was $88 and $79. I only lost power for 2 hours, so didn't expect anything different there.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      CPS?

Yes, supposedly they will start sending out next week

Comment

Originally posted by SharpEnd View Post
                        Ouch. That's a lot of water.
                        I agree. But have no way of checking since their meter is digital so that’s the only thing I can go by. But 85k gal in 4 days seems like an awful lot of water.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                          Yes, supposedly they will start sending out next week

[emoji106]. We got ours and it wasn’t bad at all. Same as Dec and Jan. I’m sure they will start adding costs in the months to come. We were lucky, never lost power or water. I was expecting a big bill.

Comment

I don’t fully understand the real landscape of that market. Maybe I should have typed that I screwed myself bc I didn’t switch before the storm. They did send an email asking me to switch but I don’t open that inbox. (17,000) inbox emails. They have been good in the past and I’m generally cheaper than my buds, just not this time.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              I agree. But have no way of checking since their meter is digital so that’s the only thing I can go by. But 85k gal in 4 days seems like an awful lot of water.
                              My 18k pool fills in about 18 hrs with 3/4” pipe for source.

Comment

Had a coworker check his and it was about normal. However, he and I were without power for 53 hrs. I checked mine and the usage was showing that the electricity was indeed off.
                                He showed me a website, "mysmartmeter" and you create an account. You can check your usage in 15minute increments, for any date.
                                Mine was right. His had been somewhat averaged, showing some rolling blackouts that he did not have. He has a separate meter for his barn/shop. It showed off on the correct times and his house was the issue and they are both on the same transformer. Go figure. He's definitely protesting his.
                                Last edited by Guardian Reaper; 03-07-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X