This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    I personally played with and went to school with a kid that was recruited briefly by Texas, let’s say he got a Texas Longhorn gym bag with several items in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love these stories. That is not how it goes down.

I am not saying that Texas does not play the game, but they are not handing out bags of cash to kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
      I love these stories. That is not how it goes down.

I am not saying that Texas does not play the game, but they are not handing out bags of cash to kids.

Wasn’t cash, but just cause you say it doesn’t happen doesn’t make it true.

Comment

I personally played with and went to school with a kid that was recruited briefly by Texas, let’s say he got a Texas Longhorn gym bag with several items in it

What items?!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          SEC be cheating?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
          Eeeerybody be cheating

Comment

Wasn’t cash, but just cause you say it doesn’t happen doesn’t make it true.

Dang doctor and recruiting expert all balled into one..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Dang doctor and recruiting expert all balled into one..

Almost have as many expertise as you [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                Eeeerybody be cheating

Noooooooo NOT Texas! The brand is all they need [emoji1787]

Comment

Almost have as many expertise as you [emoji16]

I'm sure we could dig out a few more..

Is Aggie Herding an expertise?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    I'm sure we could dig out a few more..

Is Aggie Herding an expertise?

Could probably check that box as well...[emoji16]

Comment

Frequent flyer at holiday inn

Follow me for more tips, tricks, and hacks

Comment

I've got more recruiting stories that involve TCU than probably any other school lol Had quite a few good buddies or family friends play there over the years. Patterson been cheating a long long time Quite a few UT stories too from players & tutors. Everyone pays recruits, it's no big deal.

Comment

Noooooooo NOT Texas! The brand is all they need [emoji1787]

I am not saying that Texas is not playing the game, as you have to in the current landscape in college football. Outside of Tennessee, that supposedly was handing out a bag of cash in a McDonald bag and got caught most schools have a more sophisticated plan. Most people think there are envelopes of cash stuffed in players lockers after each game or a 17-18 year old kid is getting $75K in a gym bag.

In most cases, the player never knows about the money, how much, or how it works. They are just told which school they have to go to. The money or benefit is funneled through a family member, a preacher, a community member, the church, etc. This is done by a member of the staff down the line, so the head coach is protected and there is a fall guy in case something gets found out. A lot of times debts are paid off, jobs are given, playing time, etc. instead of just handing a family $100K.

Not every kid is looking or will even take a handout. My gut tells me its probably 2-4 kids per class that are looking for something.

My question to everyone who talks about everyone is cheating, how is there 200+ kids a year receiving extra benefits and you only hear a handful of "stories". How in the world can a 17-18 year old kid or even family member gets his hands on a bag full of money and doesn't talk about it? How does a player not have the career he thinks or gets mad at a school / coach and does not sing like a bird? In today's world of social media, all of this stays under the table and quiet?

Does it happen, yes. Does every school operate in the grey area, yes. I just do not think it happens how most people think. I was at Texas for 5 years, albeit with Mack Brown who at the time I think was pretty straight arrow and I never saw any blatant cheating or even heard it discussed. I was around the guys all the time, lots of them were really good friends, I had class with them, partied with them and it was never brought up like you think it would.
                          Last edited by Heath; 02-25-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

My dad was doing a big cable job at a Baylor dorm early 80s. He was talking to several football players that had jobs doing yards and such. They said they hadn't cut a blade of grass in 2 years.

Comment

My dad was doing a big cable job at a Baylor dorm early 80s. He was talking to several football players that had jobs doing yards and such. They said they hadn't cut a blade of grass in 2 years.

This is more common and how it really works once players are in school or you get your "allowance from your mentor". Paying recruits is dicey these days.

Comment

Yup i hunt with guys who’s kids still play, jobs that never go, to etc and i know of guys that got handshake money after good games, etc. i wasn’t implying Texas was handing out McDonald’s bags with handouts, but there was 100% swag involved

Comment

Working...
                                X