Lt Governor? who and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachk View Post
    I've never voted for a Democrat before, but will this time...I wont be voting for the democrats but rather AGAINST Dan Patrick. He is killing education and teachers in our state!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I was straight Red, except for LT. Gov. Dan Patrick may win the election, but it will not be because I helped him.

Comment

Many folks do not realize how powerful the Lt Governor is.

The LtG has the authority to decide all parliamentary questions and to use his own discretion in senate procedural rules.

And since the constitution gives the state senate the authority to write its own rules, the position of the LtG directs how the senate conducts its business.

LtG also sets the legislative calendar as well as the order in which the bills are presented to the senate.

This gives the LtG the power to tack his own agenda onto larger bills as well as leaving the ones that they do not care for in the dark.

Comment

Well for me folks Lt. Dan got my vote the first time and he will never get it again, that doesn't make me a democrat and it doesn't mean I will vote for one have in the past if it was the right person but it has been few.

He had his chance and he let us down he continues to blow smoke up peoples butts about education and property taxes. Abbott is on notice for me this is his last chance to get something done for the students in this state.

Comment

Randy gets it

Comment

What specifically has Patrick done in regards to education, and property taxes?

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
              Vote straight republican ticket. The worst republican is better than the best democrat
              I'm sorry you believe that, and that comes from somebody who is VERY conservative. To have that thought process means you probably didn't do any form of research on either candidate and simply voted for the red one. A famous line from Abraham Lincolns "Gettysburg Address" that says "of the people, by the people, for the people" is often used to define democracy. To vote based on party lines and not based on the individual and how he/she fits into your belief is incorrect IMO. 99% of the time I vote red, because those candidates fit better with my beliefs than others, however I always reserve the right to vote for the best person for the job regardless of what party they belong to.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                I will vote Mostly Red; but Dan Patrick. He helped screw the Houston and Dallas Fireman out of half their pension. He is Not a friend of the Teachers either. Their insurance has sky rocketed and no pay raises as promised; while he tries to screw them out of their pension. He is a failed buisness man and he is not from Texas. Just cause you are a Republican does not you mean have my vote.
                This.

And also, a land commissioner who won't screw with the Alamo.

I went to the primary specifically to vote against Dan Patrick, Ted, and George P.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                  This.

And also, a land commissioner who won't screw with the Alamo.

I went to the primary specifically to vote against Dan Patrick, Ted, and George P.
                  Ted? Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Ok? How many gun laws are on the books? How many more do you want on the books?

BTW, I never said take them away. I said gun rights. We have lost WAY TOO MANY already, 2nd amendment be ****ed.
                    Can you tell me what gun rights of yours have been taken away in Texas? I am curious to see what those rights are that you and I no longer have because the dems took them away.

Comment

Ted? Why is that?
                      X2

Comment

Dale, this is what I have against him as a Texas educator since 1982. He consistently voted down adding state revenue to public schools, even as they have grown exponentially. He will not support the state contributing more than $75 dollars toward health insurance, it has been the same since 2002. He voted to cut $5.4 bil from public education. He is pro voucher, which is not a bad idea in some ways, but his goal is to privatize schools so that teachers will then have to pay into a 401k of their own. What does that do to me? It removes the thousands of teachers that will come after me and drastically affect my TRS retirement. He wants counties to take up more of the slack for public education, so that the state will not have to pay in as much toward public education. That is why property taxes continue to soar. Those are some reasons I am looking for an alternative, and did not support him or Greg Abbott, his cohort in this. They are part of the 'do nothing" group in Austin, unless of course it benefits them.

Comment

Ted? Why is that?
                          Because sitting out on the right and hollering isn't doing Texas any good. While I may agree with some of his political positions, what has he actually accomplished? If Washington is a cesspool of dirty deals, or whatever, then we need somebody to get in there and make deals that benefit us. Positioning yourself as an outsider doesn't do Texas any good.

I might vote for Ted as a leader of a free and independent Texas, but as a federal guy, he hasn't been useful.

That said, I voted against him in the primary. Given the choice between him and Beto, however, I'll stick with Ted.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                            They have "SAID" they are going to take away our guns. They have been saying that for decades. Has it happened? Is it going to happen? Republicans and others have "SAID" that lottery money is used to support public education, but we all know that it does not. Apt has been "SAID", but nothing has been DONE. How many times has any politician said they are going to lower taxes, get rid of OBAMACARE, or anything else to get votes, yet has actually not acted upon their words. ALL THE TIME! Saying you or better yet, threatening to do something has no meaning when all they do is SAY!

You are right. It is an illustration of political ignorance. Your own. Do you know what it actually takes to overturn an amendment of the constitution? Do you know the process? I highly doubt you do. It wont happen. All that lip service from politicians is just to win votes.

So, I can vote for people who "say" they will take away my guns or people who "say" they won't. I'll take the one who say the right thing over the ones who say the wrong thing every day of the week. Oh, and, if you don't like what's going on with state funding, the private sector awaits you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                              Because sitting out on the right and hollering isn't doing Texas any good. While I may agree with some of his political positions, what has he actually accomplished? If Washington is a cesspool of dirty deals, or whatever, then we need somebody to get in there and make deals that benefit us. Positioning yourself as an outsider doesn't do Texas any good.

I might vote for Ted as a leader of a free and independent Texas, but as a federal guy, he hasn't been useful.

That said, I voted against him in the primary. Given the choice between him and Beto, however, I'll stick with Ted.
                              So you're voting for bedo?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
                                Great, glad you taught yourself to read. You must have been a impressive 5 year old. Now get your facts right and maybe you can make a educated post.
                                an impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X