Youth and Rodeo's 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
    I would look at anything as far as horse is concerned. A play day horse that knows events or just a barrel horse. I just don’t want anything that is crazy in the head.
    How much are you willing to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      How much are you willing to spend?
      That really depends on the details of the horse. I have been looking at horses anywhere from $3500-$10000

She is riding a horse right now that I spent $1500 on
      Last edited by aggie2000tx; 04-11-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

That really depends on the details of the horse. I have been looking at horses anywhere from $3500-$10000

She is riding a horse right now that I spent $1500 on
        Is She a pretty experienced rider?

Comment

Is She a pretty experienced rider?
          I would say she is. I have been looking at 2D/3D barrel horses. I am not sure if she is ready for a 1D horse now but maybe after this summer. She has never had a true barrel horse. Every horse she has ever had as been a ranch style horse. Most have never even seen barrels until she got on them and worked with them on the different patterns.

The horse she won the speed events on at the Denton County Youth Fair was a team roping horse before we got him. She runs 20-22 second barrels on him but she wants to go faster.

The mare we bought her two years ago they just do not get along so we have to find her something else.

I am really torn with what we need to do. I guess we will need to make the decision if we are going to get more serious in this rodeo stuff or not
          Last edited by aggie2000tx; 04-11-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I would say she is. I have been looking at 2D/3D barrel horses. I am not sure if she is ready for a 1D horse now but maybe after this summer. She has never had a true barrel horse. Every horse she has ever had as been a ranch style horse. Most have never even seen barrels until she got on them and worked with them on the different patterns.

The horse she won the speed events on at the Denton County Youth Fair was a team roping horse before we got him. She runs 20-22 second barrels on him but she wants to go faster.

The mare we bought her two years ago they just do not get along so we have to find her something else.

I am really torn with what we need to do. I guess we will need to make the decision if we are going to get more serious in this rodeo stuff or not
            My ex/we are looking for Riley another horse now . If we find one it will be her A horse and LuLu will be the backup. That means blazer will be bumped.. He's a solid upper 1d and 2d. He's older but he is bomb proof

Comment

I wish I could post pics from my phone. My middle son loves to rope and ride but quit rodeoing. Now my youngest son has takin a liking to chute dogging and just finished the Ctyra season in 3rd place over all and won the finals. I think we are going to get him on bulls next season.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
                I wish I could post pics from my phone. My middle son loves to rope and ride but quit rodeoing. Now my youngest son has takin a liking to chute dogging and just finished the Ctyra season in 3rd place over all and won the finals. I think we are going to get him on bulls next season.
                Before you put him on Bulls please enroll him in a qualified school.. Gary Leffew would be my first choice. Ted Nuce my second. I can't emphasize the importance enough... There are a lot of bull riding schools out there put on by great bullriders. Just be because they rode great doesn't mean they can teach and coach. Those above are great coaches to kids and aspiring young kids

Comment

We have a good friend that's prca Rider and I used to ride when I was younger and thinner. Lol He is also great with the kids they have small schools all the time .

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy o View Post
                    We have a good friend that's prca Rider and I used to ride when I was younger and thinner. Lol He is also great with the kids they have small schools all the time .
                    But his he a great coach? Being a PRCA rider or former rider doesn't make you a great coach. I know lot of guys who rode great but couldn't tell you how they did it
                    Last edited by BrandonA; 04-11-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

My ex/we are looking for Riley another horse now . If we find one it will be her A horse and LuLu will be the backup. That means blazer will be bumped.. He's a solid upper 1d and 2d. He's older but he is bomb proof
                      Holler at me when you decide to sell Blazer. I may know a little blonde girl that might be interested in purchasing that horse.

Comment

Here is a quick little video from this past Sunday. I think I figured out how to make it work.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
                        I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

And if that doesn't work here is the link to the video.

https://youtu.be/E3uV4cCK5LU
                        Last edited by bowhuntertex; 04-12-2018, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Holler at me when you decide to sell Blazer. I may know a little blonde girl that might be interested in purchasing that horse.
                          Ok

Comment

Ok
                            gracias amigo

Comment

Not too bad of a weekend. 3 firsts and a second on Saturday, along with 2 seconds and 2 NT on Sunday. She should still be sitting in first in the High Point Race at both playdays. Barrel and pole races up the next two weekends.

Comment

Well we spent Friday and Saturday night in Mullin at a junior rodeo. Both kids rode good. My daughter has decided she wants to go fast which is good to see. Went to look at a horse on Sunday but was not what we are looking for. My daughter got on the mare again and looked good but didn’t haul her to the rodeo.

Comment

Working...
                                X