86 yard bow shot on a javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    Helluva shot. Don't see as you did anything wrong. If you would have made that shot at 50 yds and found blood and trail and it ran out and couldn't find it, it would have been same result. Shot an animal, made an attempt to recover and couldn't find it. End of story.

According to some of the women on here, I'm a criminal and unethical hunter!

Comment

I like the way you utilized the bottom of your stand. Thought about doin that with my tripod instead of adding a popup blind in same area but not enough room at base of tripod. Have another spot on lease I used to hunt but never saw anything there when I was there. Gonna put another set up there and try again. Do a setup like u have. It's an open spot and no cover from rain so definitely gonna put up a box blind.

Comment

At first I had the thin camo cloth on it but I realized pretty quickly that it was not enough. I went and bought several things of the camo burlap and that worked really well!
        Last edited by Fling em; 01-22-2019, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I use the camo netting that looks leafy on my tripod. Has realtree pattern and the leafy look is from bein partially cut through so looks like leaves movin. Comes pretty wide so I double it up and attach it ring at top. Hangs bout 3 1/2 feet all around. Works out great. Can't see thru it even up close.

Comment

In

Comment

Nice set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fling em View Post
                According to some of the women on here, I'm a criminal and unethical hunter!
                Never called you any of those things. I was trying to be nice. If you think I’m such a women about it why did you edit your comment. I don’t give two craps what you do with the javi. There are game wardens on this site and I was just trying to help.

Comment

Had you shot out to 80-90 yards before hand?

Comment

Wow, heck of a shot. Only issue I have is that you stated that even if you recovered the Javi you were going to haul it off into the brush. Thats not cool. Keep flingin em.

Comment

That was a cool shot, thanks for sharing. Good Grief cant we just get along?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        It's a freaking Javi. They shouldn't be game animals in the first place.
                        right. next thing you know folks gonna get their panties in a wad over shooting trapped pigs

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        The grade school hall monitors are out in full force, aren't they?

Comment

Good shot.

Comment

You did one thing wrong. You posted it on TBH for all the world to see.

Comment

I don’t get people sometimes... if this were a deer, most people would be up in arms that it is completely unethical and wrong. Then they’d berate the OP for not making a reasonable attempt to recover, based on the unedited post. Next would be the few folks that come in to say it’s his choice, who would then get bashed as well.

But, since this NATIVE GAME ANIMAL isn’t a whitetail, a lot of folks don’t seem to worry about it. I’d like to get a listing of game animals from most to least important so that we can try and come up with SOPs for how to treat this, because obviously the law isn’t what really steers it. FWIW the OP could have made a heck of an effort to recover, I wasn’t there and I don’t know. Nothing says that the shot distance has to be within certain parameters, so as for that the OP is the only one that knows if they’re capable. It’s the slippery slope of wanton waste that is an issue.

But heck, we are all just giving our opinions here. I’m sure mine doesn’t mean anything when it’s all said and done.
                              Last edited by popup_menace; 01-22-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                                I don’t get people sometimes... if this were a deer, most people would be up in arms that it is completely unethical and wrong. Then they’d berate the OP for not making a reasonable attempt to recover, based on the unedited post. Next would be the few folks that come in to say it’s his choice, who would then get bashed as well.

But, since this NATIVE GAME ANIMAL isn’t a whitetail, a lot of folks don’t seem to worry about it. I’d like to get a listing of game animals from most to least important so that we can try and come up with SOPs for how to treat this, because obviously the law isn’t what really steers it.

Do you feel cheated out of a good bashing thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X