New Zealand Public Land DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Zealand Public Land DIY

Anyone done the diy public land in NZ?? I just booked my flights for May. Hunting with a buddy who is from NZ. He grew up and guided there 5-6 years ago but has lived in B.C. since 2014. Gonna be there 9 days chasing tahr and chamois or whatever else we run into. The whole hunt is basically costing me a plane ticket. Thanks to miles this will be the best $70 hunt I ever go on [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
    Anyone done the diy public land in NZ?? I just booked my flights for May. Hunting with a buddy who is from NZ. He grew up and guided there 5-6 years ago but has lived in B.C. since 2014. Gonna be there 9 days chasing tahr and chamois or whatever else we run into. The whole hunt is basically costing me a plane ticket. Thanks to miles this will be the best $70 hunt I ever go on [emoji16]

Interesting, pease take us along...

Comment

My cousin went there about 10 years ago just to drive around for a few weeks. Ended up making friends with some fellas at a pub and that lead to a helicopter ride to the top of a mountain and a 2 day tar hunt. Didn't cost him anything.

Comment

Man I was wondering if u had gone. I’m glad to hear you are going and very interested in your experience. Please let us all know. BTW you may look at YouTube videos of Josh James Kiwi Bushman. He is trip and offers a lot of insight hunting public land there.

Comment

Definitely bring us along

Comment

I’ve thought about this hunt for a good while. The whole idea of going to a foreign country with any form of hunting gear and no outfitter to help with the process of checking in guns or bows is kinda scary to me. Definitely let us know how all the process goes along with updates on the hunting.

Comment

My brother lives in Auckland. I intend to make a similar hunt (public) in the next year or so. I'm anxious to see what you learn.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Bow or rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  I’ve thought about this hunt for a good while. The whole idea of going to a foreign country with any form of hunting gear and no outfitter to help with the process of checking in guns or bows is kinda scary to me. Definitely let us know how all the process goes along with updates on the hunting.
                  For the most part in all of the countries I have been to bows are no big deal.. They usually ask if its a cross bow, look at it and then thats it.. No paperwork or anything..My buddy Todd has grown up hunting his whole life in NZ and knows his stuff. He used to guide there so I guess technically it isnt a diy hunt.. It will be public land tho..

Comment

Originally posted by perow View Post
                    Bow or rifle?
                    I am bringing my bow.. Todd has a rifle there if we need it but Im pretty stubborn.. I wont shoot one with a rifle until I kill one with my bow.. That said If I kill a good bull with my bow we may start shooting the rifle haha

Comment

Sounds pretty dang epic—I was with NotJose at DSC this weekend and meet his outfitter he used and now I am trying to figure it all out for next year

Comment

jeeeaaaalllooouuusss

Comment

No help, but **** if I don't want to give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X