Starting a company and public information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a company and public information

The wife and I are looking to start an online website selling stuff. We have decided on a company name and what not but noticed when searching corporations, the directors full name and address are public information. While I have nothing to hide, I find it scary that if someone were to get upset and crazy online, they have my home address.

Does anyone know how to mitigate this? Can you use a PO Box or the business address? I'm not exactly looking for anonymity but some type of protection. Can a trust own a corporation in Texas?

I have read you can do an out of state corporation and use it to be the registered owner of a Texas company but do you do two tax returns or does the holding company just file?

I figure there are multiple business owners here, hoping someone has some info.

PO Box would be good however, Your information is out there more than you know. As far as Tax stuff I do not know

Comment

You can use a PO Box, or an Executive Suite where they answer your phone calls and receive your mail. There might be a way to structure it through a DBA. The State of Texas may be able to help you. Or if you have a CPA, they will have answers. Good luck.

Comment

Business address with a po box or a box through ups etc

Comment

Just to add, I use a PO box as well. The other thing I did was a business phone number through Grasshopper. Rings to my phone and I can call and text from the app under the business line. So far I have no complaints.

Comment

Thanks guys...Seems like the PO Box is the quick easy solution. We have been looking at an executive suite for a virtual office. I think the address gives more credibility to the business. It will eventually be changed to the virtual address via executive suite but this is a chicken or egg situation. Need a business name for the virtual address but need the virtual address to register the company.

Comment

Working...
            X