No announcement yet.

Hunting Africa Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went with Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris in 2015 and had one heck of a trip. As mentioned above Africa hunting is an excellent resource, Jerome Philippe is the founder whom also owns Ozondjahe. I filmed most of my hunts. https://youtu.be/aP9teJ0S3E8
    http://www.namibiahuntingsafaris.com...nting-namibia/
    Feel free to PM with any questions

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
      I went with Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris in 2015 and had one heck of a trip. As mentioned above Africa hunting is an excellent resource, Jerome Philippe is the founder whom also owns Ozondjahe. I filmed most of my hunts. https://youtu.be/aP9teJ0S3E8
      http://www.namibiahuntingsafaris.com...nting-namibia/
      Feel free to PM with any questions
      ****it Jarrod, you center punched all them!

Comment

Going on my third trip in four years all with the same guy, Rowan Zerf ofGraceland Safaris. If I was you I would be at the Houston Safari club show next weekend and gather all the info you can and talk face to face with each outfitter.

Comment

All this info is great thank you very much!

Comment

Another nod for Hannes Els and Limcroma Safaris... First class operation in every aspect, and the logistics of getting there could not be easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
              I went last summer and booked another trip yesterday with Limcroma. I obviously am a fan since I’m going back. I highly recommend it
              I actually met Ray for the first time in person at the show on Saturday at the Limcroma booth. We share the same PH. I was discussing the details of my 4th trip with them and Ray was booking another one with them.

Originally posted by firehunt fish View Post
              Another nod for Hannes Els and Limcroma Safaris... First class operation in every aspect, and the logistics of getting there could not be easier.
              x1000

Hannes is a great guy and will make sure you have a very enjoyable time. Limcroma is first rate. The accommodations are incredible, as is the food and the company. The hunting is phenomenal year round. They have access to the best properties and they know how to hunt them. They also cater to my non hunting wife and make sure she is taken care of. Its the only hunting trips my wife will go on. PM me with any questions. I do strictly bow hunting and have had great success. They truly are a bowhunting outfitter as well as rifle. A lot of places offer bowhunting but it only makes up a small portion of their clientele and therefore they aren't as efficient. Limcroma really understands them both. I'll be going again this July. Love this trip. Can't wait for it to get here.

I've documented all my trips on TBH, just search for my name or Limcroma.

Good luck on your search and feel free to PM any further questions.

Comment

If you are bowhunting and going for the first time, all the big commercial outfitters will suit your needs- they stock every year before May and will be loaded with animals. Forgot reading all the old Africa books as these type hunts will not be the ones available on these type outfits. If you are on a limited budget, the old type safaris are also out. It was my biggest delusion on my first time. I envisioned seeing herds of animals on the great savannas running for miles and miles. After I got past that, I learned to appreciate what modern Africa (insert South Africa and parts of Namibia) had to offer was indeed still dang good. As a few others have alluded- THB has some good info but there are other sources specifically catered to the African scene.

Comment

Check out Pelser Bowhuning adventures. A friend of mine has gone several times and always had great success. He enjoyed it so much, he became a booking agent for them.

Comment

I work in Africa so I have been hunting there many many times.
                    I started out hunting with the big name outfitters and kill a lot of animals.
                    A few years ago, 6 or 8, I met a fellow named Danie Masssey with https://lenyati.co.za/

I have not hunted with anyone else since.

There is no comparison between being in a camp with 10 or 12 folks you have never met and hunting one on one with a PH and being the only group at the camp fire.

Great outfit and many TBHers have been with him

Comment

I’ve never been but a buddy of mine highly recommended limcroma

Comment

I am going with Limcroma in May. After lots of research they were the best fit for what we were looking for. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have and I'll help any way I can.

Comment

I should have clarified my question more. Are you wanting a Texas style blind hunt with the possibility of stocked animals that probably aren’t in that area natively, or are you wanting a wild Africa hunt. That’s the first question to answer as it will dictate where you are looking. Not saying one is right or wrong, just need to be upfront with your expectations.

I hunted with Andrew Baldry on the Kafue River in Zambia. Just me and my buddy in camp and couldn’t fit much more than that as it’s remote and rugged. We saw Puku, Hippo, Cape Buffalo, Bush Buck, Bush Pig, Elephant, Blue Duiker, Kudu, lichtenstein hartebeest, and Impala (I’m sure I’m missing some from memory).

Took Cape buffalo on foot and had the experience of being in the middle of a giant herd as it turned just before it went beside us at 10 yards. Walked in the foot prints of a pride of lions. Caught a ton of fish on the river. Had a black mamba face level 10 feet away while working around a termite mound. Learned to hunt and shoot the first blue duiker taken by a hunter on the property. Finally **** near died by a hippo attack. Pulled my buddy under the water and held him there for around a minute while I stared on thinking he was dead. It was more adventure than I care to have for a while!

If you want a real old world hunt, it was one of those trips that changes you.

Comment

http://accuratereloading.com is probably the best source for experienced Africa hunters giving you input. Most seem to gun hunt, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I work in Africa so I have been hunting there many many times.
                              I started out hunting with the big name outfitters and kill a lot of animals.
                              A few years ago, 6 or 8, I met a fellow named Danie Masssey with https://lenyati.co.za/

I have not hunted with anyone else since.

There is no comparison between being in a camp with 10 or 12 folks you have never met and hunting one on one with a PH and being the only group at the camp fire.

Great outfit and many TBHers have been with him
                              I'm going back in 2021. I'm going to look into your guy..

Comment

This is the reason I go with the outfitter I found in 2008, small groups and no mixing of people that do not know each other unless it is OK'ed by both groups. I have never had anyone else in camp with me except my friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X