2021 Job Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Job Search

Hey guys, well, the infamous COVID wreaked it's havoc on me last year and I was hit with a layoff notice in the fall. I've had a job since the age of 15 and this is the first time that I'm legitimately jobless; to say that it's been devastating would be an understatement.

Decided to reach out to the green screen in hopes that maybe someone will know of an opportunity or be able to point me in the right direction to help get me back on my feet. I'm usually the kind of guy who likes to forge his own path and do it on his own but it's been an absolute beat down of sorts with the way the economy is right now.

I've spent all 12 years of my professional career in manufacturing facilities, 7 years in O&G and 5 years in HVAC, and 10 of those years on the procurement side of things (raw material, CAPEX & MRO). Additionally, I've procured and managed all of the facility based services (utilities, manufacturing gases, janitorial, security, landscaping, pest control, etc.) for a 4.5 million square foot HVAC facility in Waller while also handling the company's travel desk and managing their power equipment fleet of over 500 units.

My ultimate goal right now is to find a job in a stable industry and with a company who values their employees. I have a BBA in Supply Chain Management but I'm also open to new roles as well, not just procurement or supply chain. People often say I'd do well in sales but just don't really know where to start. All I need is an door to open and the chance to prove myself.

It seems like things are starting to slowly pick back up so if any of you guys have suggestions or know of a possible leads, I'd be greatly appreciative of the help.

If you'd like my resume please just let me know and I'll be glad to send it over. Thanks for all of the support.

-Bobby

bump for the morning crowd

Comment

I'm no help but I wish you the best of luck.
      TTT

Comment

Originally posted by Crazzy View Post
        I'm no help but I wish you the best of luck.
        TTT
        Thanks, Crazzy, I’ll take all the luck I can get!

Comment

I've seen a lot of procurement opportunities popping up on linkedin recently.

Comment

Originally posted by TEX_hunt_AS View Post
            I've seen a lot of procurement opportunities popping up on linkedin recently.
            I’ve noticed that as well and have been applying to most of those jobs. The issue is that those postings are getting 200-500+ applications in a week or two. It’s wild to say the least.

Comment

Thanks to the guys who have PM’d me and replied to this thread. Much appreciated.

Still looking bump

Comment

Friday bump

Comment

Can't help you (retired). But wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                    Can't help you (retired). But wish you the best.
                    Thanks Paycheck. Hope you’re enjoying that retired life, I’ve got about 30 more years to go

Comment

One of our procurement employees just left. Find Chemex Global online and see if we have posted an opening yet. We are O&G but have been steady. Send me a pm with your email and i can send your resume out to the right person. This all just happened Tuesday so I have no clue what our hiring timeline looks like for this position or if it will even be filled but its worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                        One of our procurement employees just left. Find Chemex Global online and see if we have posted an opening yet. We are O&G but have been steady. Send me a pm with your email and i can send your resume out to the right person. This all just happened Tuesday so I have no clue what our hiring timeline looks like for this position or if it will even be filled but its worth a shot.
                        I just checked and don’t see it listed on y’all’s website yet but I’m going to send you a PM with all of my info right now. Definitely worth a shot that’s for sure. Man I appreciate the heads up and the support, you have no idea.

Comment

Tuesday morning bump

Comment

Monday bump for the lunch crowd

Comment

Still looking!

Had an interview scheduled for last Friday with what seemed like a great company only to have them call on Thursday and cancel. Said they interviewed a candidate earlier that week who was a perfect fit and made him an offer. Was definitely a kick to the rear but just have to get up and keep chugging along.

Comment

Working...
                              X