snake boots and chaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snake boots and chaps

I got on a new deer lease in west texas this year and they say they have quite a few snakes. I am looking at getting my wife and I some Chips or danners. I have 2 small boys, 7 and 5 years old. What would be the best route to take with them? Leather cowboy boots and chaps? want to do what will work best. Thanks for any input!

Buy these and pair them with good leather boots then forget about any other ones. These are the best out there for children imho...

My 9 & 13 yr old have some now. My older kids all had em when they were younger. Great product and it gives good peace of mind

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
      Buy these and pair them with good leather boots then forget about any other ones. These are the best out there for children imho...

My 9 & 13 yr old have some now. My older kids all had em when they were younger. Great product and it gives good peace of mind

https://highplainsprospectors.com/pr...SABEgLHFfD_BwE

This right here and hope they don't run across one like this!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rusty's snake.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	24645474

Comment

Chaps

Comment

Originally posted by saltwaterslick View Post
          this right here and hope they don't run across one like this!!

[ATTACH]1042367[/ATTACH]

mercy!!!

Comment

FYI for the Chip's make sure you and your wife go try them on. My experience is that they run big. Also I would strongly suggest the zip up ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              FYI for the Chip's make sure you and your wife go try them on. My experience is that they run big. Also I would strongly suggest the zip up ones.
              Agree. I bought my son a pair. He usually wears an 11 1/2 - 12. The Chips that fit him were 10 EE.

Comment

He has the biggest balls of them all. Where about did you catch that

Comment

Steel toe with chaps will feel hot but better to be safe than sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered a pair of Lacross Aero Sport snake boots (rubber boots). They are very light and pretty dang comfortable. I like the leather ones, but I don't wear them enough to justify it, but I can always use a pair of good rubber boots so these can pull double duty.

Comment

I had chaps. They were too hot to wear.

Every time I saw a venomous snake my chaps were in the truck. I gave the chaps away.

I look at it like this, you have better odds of dying from a flying insect sting and I don't wear a bee keeper suit while hunting.

Comment

I know some guys that have been bit by snakes. They wear knee high snake boots now.

Comment

The problem with kids is that even with chapd a snake could easily strike above them, but if’n it was me I’d have them in chaps.

Comment

Funny how the only folks that I see in snake boots are out-of-towners in their way to the deer lease. None of the people that are off in the middle of nowhere day in and day out wear them.

Wonder if there's anything to that

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X