your profile pic says otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
        your profile pic says otherwise

Lol possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MidlandTXHunter View Post
          I prefer Walls brand insulated coveralls in the original Treebark pattern
          You’re a walking Kuiu billboard

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
            I had the 1800 and I returned it for the 2300. I don't know the actual dimensions but the 1800 seemed too small. I really like the 2300.

I have the 2300 as well. Bought both originally and returned the 1800. The 2300 is sized well and very comfortable to carry/walk long distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have all 3 and here are my observations:

Sitka is my favorite for fit and finish. I have a big ***, short legs, and prefer tapered pants legs vs elephant pant legs. I like their camo patterns best too.

Kuiu has better functionality in pants, mainly because of the hip vents. Holy crap they make a huge difference. But Kuiu is tight on my *** if I want my waist to fit and their pants don't taper as much as I prefer. They also have quarter zip and hoods as options on most of their shirts, which I love.

FL has my favorite base layer merino from a next to skin comfort standpoint.

You're mostly splitting hairs between those three. All make great stuff.

Some cheaper options that work well - Prana Zion stretch pants (I prefer straight leg because they taper), Wrangler stretch pants (killer pants for $20 or less at Walmart), and Blackovis or Minus 33 merino wool base layers.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                You’re a walking Kuiu billboard

[emoji2373]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

First Lite base layers, and Sitka for everything else. The zip off base layers from FL are great and comfortable, they don't have windblocker in the majority of their stuff, so its garbage outer layers. Sitka is comfortable, quiet, and the patterns are great for their intended use.

Comment

KUIU stuff is awesome if you’re doing more spot and stalk. It’s lightweight but not the quietest. I prefer Sitka for bow hunting in TX. It’s warmer and quieter in my opinion.

Comment

I'm not an expert on any of this, in fact I have had a hard time believing it is worth the money, until I went and put my hands on it and bought some. I have a sitka wading jacket for duck hunting and it's not warm, but definitely waterproof, windproof, and well made. I just ordered a Kuiu vest after seeing a jacket a friend has. Extremely high performance. I will be buying more of it as well. Crazy light weight and the materials are just better. I'm hoping I can have fewer high tech pieces and not carry 2 large storage totes with me to the ranch every time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I both use Sitka and like it really well. Haven't had any trouble with it and it holds up really well. This is our 3rd year using it.

Comment

If you are going to sit on your azz in a deer blind, or stand or sit in a tree stand its hard to beat Sitka cold weather gear. If you are going to be chasing elk, muledeer, antelope, bighorn sheep or mountain goats its Kuiu. There breathable layering mountain specific gear is second to none.

Comment

Pnuma is supposedly the very best because of their membrane technology, but I only own Sitka and really like it.

Comment

OK look if you are sitting inside a blind you don't need any sitka, kuiu or firstlite.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                                OK look if you are sitting inside a blind you don't need any sitka, kuiu or firstlite.
                                Guess I should have specified how I hunt. Lol
                                I hunt public 90% of the time. Bow hunt 100% of the time. Hiking , kayaking, or whatever is necessary. I usually hunt pretty deep and I hunt from either a lock-on or a saddle.
                                I hunt all seasons so plan on gear for both warm and cold weather.
                                I elk hunt in Wyoming. Horse back in and go from there.
                                With all that being said... it’s gonna get expensive if i get clothing for all seasons and types of hunting.
                                Ps.... I HATE hunting out of blinds. I get Claustrophobic and can’t sit still. Even when I hunt my lease it’s from a lock on . I will sit in a blind with my kids when it’s necessary

Comment

Working...
                                X