No announcement yet.

Abbot allows red diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only difference is the dye. If red diesel causes problems in an engine it’s because of the tank it was pumped from. That tank having water or trash in it. I’ll admit, it’s been a while, but I’ve run it a lot in the past and I mean a lot, and we never had issues.

Comment

Not in my truck. Buddy ran it in a new Kubota tractor and had nothing but problems. Switched to the taxed stuff and now all good.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
        Not in my truck. Buddy ran it in a new Kubota tractor and had nothing but problems. Switched to the taxed stuff and now all good.
        That's weird. Kubota making farm equipment that won't run on farm diesel. I wonder if they know that. SMH.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Blows my mind how many people talk about getting dipped for red diesel.
          Where are the cops getting PC to search?

I understand that possibly commercial vehicles may be subject to inspection, but hear all the time that personal vehicles get checked. Are people just too scared to refuse consent to search?

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
            That is not going to have much of an impact. We got a 250 gallon diesel tank, last summer. I started looking for places to get off-road diesel, and I had a hard time finding it, even in Wise County, which is pretty rural.

There is a website that lists stations that supposedly sell it. I called about 10 of them that were near me, and most did not know what I was talking about.

I ended up getting it at Chico Butane, in Chico, TX. But you still have to have a farm id and other paperwork to buy it.
            I have the “permit” to buy farm diesel, but it’s so inconvenient to find around here I run regular diesel in all my tractors and skid steer. I write my fuel off and don’t figure it’s costing me that much more for the convenience. Plus, I’m pretty sure WMart and Murphy’s price their “on road” diesel fairly close to what “off road” is locally.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
              Since they took the sulphur out of diesel a lot of nasty stuff can grow and thrive in a diesel tank that has moisture in it. Oftentimes diesel gets contaminated in storage and transportation. Adding more filtration can help those issues.
              Last edited by ladrones; 02-20-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                Since they took the sulphur out of diesel a lot of nasty stuff can grow and thrive in a diesel tank that has moisture in it. Oftentimes diesel gets contaminated in storage and transportation. Adding more filtration can help those issues.
                Seen alge growing in water separator on boats before, I don’t know if people still run algicide or not

Comment

There's farm diesel available in my town but I never see anybody filling up with it. You have to send in to some company and get a card to use on the pump vs just paying inside the store. Based on never seeing anyone use it I wouldn't risk anything out of that tank. Sure wish they had put ethanol free gas in instead

Comment

I “know” a guy that’s ran red diesel many of times in a ‘13 duramax hundreds of miles with no issue. Maybe it’s the tanks y’all are getting it out of that’s making these new engines run terrible, i.e. trash, water in fuel.......

Comment

Working...
                    X