No announcement yet.

Neighbors got french bulldogs :( :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gotta say that my french bulldog is best friends with my rottweiler and they both love to ride in the back of the ranger at the ranch. they make a good team dealing with hogs but are good with kids and finish the day laying next to the chair by the fire.
    my biggest complaint is he snores louder than an old man in a recliner

Comment

New here, chiming in. My frenchie is awesome, best friends with our Great Dane and our new borns personal security. And is surprisingly great at hunting down armadillos and small varmints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna add that our Frenchie is NOT the dumbest dog we have ever owned. She is hilarious. I was skeptical at first but now that we have had her for a few years I think we will have frenchies for the rest of our lives.

Comment

They are definitely as dumb as a brick, but I've always liked French Bulldogs and the ones I've been around have been the opposite of anti-social. Just give them a little time. They'll get used to your dog and they'll all be pals.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
            They are definitely as dumb as a brick, but I've always liked French Bulldogs and the ones I've been around have been the opposite of anti-social. Just give them a little time. They'll get used to your dog and they'll all be pals.
            thanks this is encouraging ... I just want them to not see me or my dog as a threat and stop all the noise!

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
              "Special" hot dogs throwed over the fence?

Has to be one on every thread. This is the one. Such a DB move to even consider this, much less recommend this illegal activity on a public forum.

Oh and the OP must have met the worst two French bulldogs, ever. Ours rarely bark. They are smart as a whip and some of the best dogs we have ever owned. Have you talked to your neighbor yet about him leaving them outside. Most people’s Frenchie stay inside 99 percent of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                thanks this is encouraging ... I just want them to not see me or my dog as a threat and stop all the noise!
                A story that comes to mind...

My mom had a little white terrier (west highland) dog that constantly yipped and barked at the neighbor German Shepherd. All the time, never stopped. GS was always mad, but was properly contained within its yard.

My mom did not keep "Geeky Lee Lee" contained and let him wander the front yard off leash.

That GS got out 1 time, 1 time for like 10 seconds...

Long story short, Geeky Lee Lee is dead.

Don't assume your dog isn't building up penned animosity. I'd actually have them interact as frequently as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                  Get a box of doggy treats and make friends. They will get the idea... My dog hated the UPS guy, now he love seeing Ol Brown come down driveway because he gives him dog treats..
                  Yep !! same story with my UPS man !!! They sit quietly until he slides the BACON strips through the frence

Comment

I've got 3 Shar-Peis next door who still bark at me every time I walk to the truck, bark at our dumb (but quiet) dogs every time they go out, bark every time I open the garage door...going on 9 years. One of them tried to eat our **** eater, Fred, in my driveway one time. I had every intention of killing it, but a few cracked ribs were the best I could do before it ran back into it's house. There is no dumber, uglier, or more worthless dog on the planet than a shar-pei..

Comment

Half million on a few acres and neighbors are 10 ft away!?!?!? Hoss, I spent a half million on a few acres and my neighbor has 14 dogs.... I cant hear em ever. You did it wrong, live with it. Ask your neighbor to shut em up, after that, its your problem....

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                        Has to be one on every thread. This is the one. Such a DB move to even consider this, much less recommend this illegal activity on a public forum.

Oh and the OP must have met the worst two French bulldogs, ever. Ours rarely bark. They are smart as a whip and some of the best dogs we have ever owned. Have you talked to your neighbor yet about him leaving them outside. Most people’s Frenchie stay inside 99 percent of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        He probably won't have to throw them over the fence, just drop them in the holes that they are gonna dig under his fence.
                        2 benadryls each at 7 pm.

Comment

They are dumb, but you can win them over.

Sounds like you will be the one training them.

Most dogs like food — be the neighbor with treats every time they see you.

Sounds like they are pretty young, and will likely chill out as they age.

Comment

Welcome! Cool pic btw!
                            Originally posted by ivanblock View Post
                            New here, chiming in. My frenchie is awesome, best friends with our Great Dane and our new borns personal security. And is surprisingly great at hunting down armadillos and small varmints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol![emoji23]
                              Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                              A story that comes to mind...

My mom had a little white terrier (west highland) dog that constantly yipped and barked at the neighbor German Shepherd. All the time, never stopped. GS was always mad, but was properly contained within its yard.

My mom did not keep "Geeky Lee Lee" contained and let him wander the front yard off leash.

That GS got out 1 time, 1 time for like 10 seconds...

Long story short, Geeky Lee Lee is dead.

Don't assume your dog isn't building up penned animosity. I'd actually have them interact as frequently as possible.
                              Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X